In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Profit, it means that we commit to discovering the needs of our customers, identifying ways that we can help solve their problems with our products, and selling them our solutions when we can add value. We commit to excellence in how we think about our sales and BDR processes.
Marketplace Representatives are part of our Business Development team which has a big impact on our organization and our customers. You will join a sales team that values collaboration, teamwork, and performance and have the opportunity to learn new strategies and tactics. In this role, you will generate new business and interest in our platform by prospecting our extensive Commercial Real Estate Brokerage database. You’ll proactively reach out to Commercial Owners and Investors (vs Brokerages) to educate them on the many ways Buildout will deliver value. Your ability to influence these “new customers” to take part in our ecosystem will directly correlate with the attainment of long term company goals.
This role offers a unique opportunity to learn foundational sales skills, continue your growth and development into a Business Development Representative role, and be part of a new team that is critical to Buildout’s success.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- You have 1+ years of professional work experience (or relevant internship experience)
- You are a self-starter with a track record of success in your professional, personal, or collegiate life
- You have prior prospecting or cold calling experience (this is a plus)
- You are excited about CRE tech and interested in growing your career in sales
- You are a team player, you take initiative, and have great communication skills
- You are adaptable to change and interested in being part of a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- You will generate new business relationships through outbound prospecting and high-touch outreach
- You will become a commercial real estate and Buildout expert in order to effectively communicate Buildout’s value proposition
- You will achieve monthly quotas based on qualifying new customers and their investment criteria
- You will track your sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce) and leverage tech tools to execute your sales strategy (SalesLoft, Sales Navigator)
- You will consistently reflect on professional development and identify areas for improvement and coaching with your manager
- You will develop strong relationships with prospects through discovery calls in order to smoothly transition them to company database
- You will work closely with leaders of Sales, Product and Strategy while we design this business function over time
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.