In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. The Customer Adoption team takes great pride in providing our Customers with proactive service and training that aligns with their business needs. The Customer is at the center of all of our decision making and our day to day is spent building playbooks around making the Customer’s life easier.
As a senior level individual contributor, you will identify meaningful opportunities to connect with the portfolio of Customers that you own, as well as Customers shared across the team. You will analyze their health scores and other signals, to support their continued adoption of Buildout’s solutions post-onboarding. You should be driven to help Customers reach their full potential and have the curiosity to dive deep into an ever-changing product to learn it inside and out. Providing a Buildout Quality customer experience requires patience, empathy, and a growth mindset.
Are you a self-starter who is excited to build out new processes, contribute your ideas to the team, and play a critical role in our Customer churn and adoption efforts? We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- Experience in a customer-facing role (such as onboarding, customer success, support, or sales) and a passion for driving positive customer outcomes
- Demonstrated success with mitigating Customer churn and exceeding retention targets
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with a strong phone and web-conferencing presence
- Experience utilizing customer success software like Totango to build out playbooks and best practices
- Experience developing and leading Customer webinars
- Experience leading individual and group software training sessions
- Creative problem solving and resolution skills
- Proactive and self-motivated to take action with Customer accounts with minimal direction
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment as the product expands and Customer base grows
- Experience partnering with Customers to help them achieve their desired outcomes
- The ability to connect the dots between unique customer use cases and Buildout’s solutions
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with SEO
- Proficiency with Excel or Google sheets
- Previous Commercial Real Estate experience
- Familiarity with Pendo or other in-app customer messaging software
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- Be a trusted partner to Customers, helping to drive continued adoption by understanding their specific use-cases and how Buildout products add value and help solve their needs
- Participate in the Account Review process, preparing health and usage data for presentations
- Use sound judgement and your Customer health data to proactively address Customer alerts and prevent churn
- Analyze Customer health data to show trends and influence strategy for leadership
- Develop new Customer-facing plays designed to support adoption of Buildout’s features
- Develop and lead webinars, including tailored webinars for Enterprise Customers
- Partner with other Customer facing teams (support, onboarding, relationship management) to help Customers adopt Buildout’s platform
- Become the expert in Buildout software as new features are launched
- Be a team player that helps make all accounts successful
- Occasionally help with the Support Queue
- Improve product and feature adoption through different channels of Customer communication
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.