In our company, we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. We are a customer-focused team, and to us, that means seeking to understand our customer’s needs before we offer solutions that bring their marketing materials to life. As the premier marketing solution in commercial real estate, our mission is to enhance the marketing solutions we offer our customers. We strive for the highest quality in everything we do from supporting our clients to communicating updates internally and to clients.
Buildout is looking for a designer to join the Platform Design Team with an ability to think creatively through problems and work across a variety of coding languages and platforms to find innovative solutions for our clients. You should be comfortable explaining your thought process and able to receive feedback from your peers. You will be a part of a diverse and driven team that challenges each other to create and maintain the quality marketing standards our clients have come to expect across emails, websites, and documents.
As a member of the Platform Design Team, you will have the opportunity to work with internal teams to collaborate on solutions for our Customers and directly affect the team and company goals. Our team’s unique position means you will have an immediate impact on our customers and how they interact with their marketing inside of Buildout. If you love what you do and want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that will challenge you to do your best, then we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 2+ years of experience working as a Graphic Designer, Web Developer, or Email Designer
- A portfolio of varied design projects which demonstrates a strong eye for design and ability to adhere to brand standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that convey complex ideas in simple terms
- Experience with HTML & CSS coding on an established platform
- Ability to balance working as an individual contributor and as part of a team, while proactively seeking opportunities for improvement
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- Use Buildout’s proprietary tools to customize and update marketing documents, emails, and web materials to align w/ individual Customer’s use cases
- Partner with other teams at Buildout, primarily those in the Customer Success Dept, to understand Customers’ needs in order to deliver timely marketing solutions within Buildout’s platform
- Contribute to the Platform Design Team’s vision, helping to deliver a seamless experience to our Customers. Examples of this include preparing prototypes, conducting research, and implementing changes to universal marketing templates.
- Support the Sales process by creating sample assets for prospective Customer demos that showcase Buildout’s marketing family of products.
- Work collaboratively across Buildout to help define new opportunities and solve problems
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.