Looking for a role that combines executive-level administration, support, strategic acumen, and project management? Our Executive Business Partner supports our CEO and Chief Customer Officer (CCO), by working to streamline daily administrative tasks, support key initiatives, function as a trusted thought partner, and manage both short and long-term projects.
At Buildout, we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 as one of the country’s fastest-growing companies, four years in a row.
As our first Executive Business Partner, you will be the supportive force that empowers and enables our CEO and CCO to have maximum impact on the business. On a typical day, you may be managing executive calendars to ensure they are focused on priorities, handling other executive administrative tasks, helping to facilitate a meeting, to managing a special project on behalf of the executives to improve our company’s strategies and operations. You will act as a point of contact between the executives and our employees, clients, and external partners, ensuring communication is well managed and important information is escalated.
The ideal person for the job has a passion for operational efficiency and supporting executives to have a big impact, combined with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to act independently and drive positive change. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a persistent problem solver, and are passionate about finding order in what others see as chaos, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued and visible role so you should have at least 5+ years of experience providing support to C-Suite executives
- Intuition to react with an appropriate response to emerging situations or shifting priorities, and comfort multi-tasking, solving problems, and making decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you’ll be sending key communications on behalf of the executives.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with great time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to think proactively and critically
- Exceptional calendar management skills and good judgment in managing executive calendars
- Ability to work independently and with other members of the senior leadership team
- Discretion and sensitivity especially regarding confidential information
- Self-starter: developing and managing projects of different sizes to successful completion
- Proficient in Google Suite and Mac operating systems as well as Microsoft Office. You should also be open to learning new software tools
- Giving and receiving feedback as a way to improve working relationships with others is in your DNA
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- Increase the impact of the CEO and COO (the executives) by supporting them and becoming a trusted thought partner, helping them to clarify their priorities, develop insights and action plans, and then ensuring their time/projects/calendar/efforts are focused on priority areas
- Help the executives remain focused on strategic agendas by exercising intellectual curiosity, independent judgment, and initiative to understand the executive’s needs and objectives
- Track high priority initiatives for the executives to ensure they are moving forward, identify potential obstacles and escalate priorities that require executive focus
- Conduct research and analysis to provide strategic insight and support business case development and executive decision making
- Act as a point of contact between the executives and employees, customers, and external partners
- Perform administrative tasks for the executive’s with timeliness, composure, and attention to detail: managing calendars and scheduling, organizing and managing recurring meetings, organizing travel, filing expense reports, developing presentations, formatting documents, and executing special projects (which drive business impact)
Of course, what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.