In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Profit, it means that we commit to discovering the needs of our customers, identifying ways that we can help solve their problems with our products, and selling them our solutions when we can add value. We commit to excellence in how we think about our sales and BDR processes. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 as one of the country’s fastest growing companies, four years in a row.
Marketplace Representatives are on the front lines of the sales team and have a big impact in our organization. Over 50% of our customers were brought on through the Business Development team. By joining the Business Development team, you will be part of a strong sales team that values collaboration, teamwork, and performance. This is the first Marketplace Representative role at Buildout, which means you’ll have the opportunity to learn new strategies and tactics every day, leading the way as the team grows.
In this role, you will generate new business and interest in our platform by prospecting our extensive Commercial Real Estate Brokerage database. For the first time ever, we’ll be proactively reaching out to Commercial Owners and Investors (vs Brokerages) to educate them on the many ways Buildout will deliver value. Your ability to influence these “new customers” to take part in our ecosystem will directly correlate with the attainment of long term company goals.
This role offers a unique opportunity to learn foundational sales skills, continue your growth and development into a Business Development Representative role, and be part of a new team that is critical to Buildout’s success.
What You'll Bring to Buildout
- 1+ years of professional work experience
- Prior prospecting or cold calling experience a plus (SaaS is a ++)
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Excitement about SaaS and high-tech
- Self-starter with track records of success in your professional, personal, or collegiate lives
- Long-term interest in being a part of a sales organization
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Positive attitude and resilience, especially when customers are not ready to invest in our product
- Superior attention to detail with exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Adaptable to change and interest in learning in a fast-paced sales environment
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- Generate new business relationships through outbound prospecting and high-touch outreach
- Become a commercial real estate and Buildout expert in order to effectively communicate Buildout’s value proposition
- Achieve monthly quotas based on qualifying new customers and their investment criteria
- Track your sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce) and leverage tech tools to execute your sales strategy (SalesLoft, Sales Navigator)
- Consistently reflect on professional development and identify areas for improvement and coaching with your manager
- Develop strong relationships with prospects through discovery calls in order to smoothly transition them to company database
- Work closely with leaders of Sales, Product and Strategy while we design this business function over time
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.