In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Improvement, it means that we are constantly striving to improve every aspect of the company. Within the past two years, we’ve focused on Improvement by doubling our product portfolio, hiring new team members, raising investment capital, growing our brand, and improving our internal operations. This has established us as not just a fast-growth startup - as recognized 4 years in a row on the Inc. 5000 list, but also as a great place to work - as recognized by BuiltinChicago.
As Operations Analyst at Buildout, you will be instrumental in helping the company scale to its full potential. You will have the opportunity to own our KPI reporting, analytics platforms, and company alignment efforts. You will also act as a cross-department problem solver to diagnose issues, fix processes, manage projects, and work with VP-level stakeholders across the company. This is a critical hire to execute on our operations strategy.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 2-3+ years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, management/operations consultant, or similar operations experience
- Experience working in tech/B2B SaaS is a plus
- A knack for problem solving and the ability to work in unstructured environments
- Entrepreneurial attitude of growing a company and systems thinking
- Ability to understand, deconstruct, and improve department and cross-department processes
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and reporting capacities with myriad stakeholder groups
- Proficiency with data analytics/visualization tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, or Looker
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency with MS Office and/or Google Suite, including strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Asana, Basecamp, Clickup is a plus
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- Gather and standardize all the critical KPIs across the company on a regular basis
- Analyze and report on trends, highlights, and lowlights within our data
- Manage and own our data analytics and reporting tools
- Manage cross-functional projects and support company-wide program management efforts
- Assess, develop, modify, improve, and maintain operational processes across different teams
- Conduct company-wide communications to improve alignment and transparency amongst employees
- Support productivity and efficiency improvements at the company and individual level
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.