In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Profit, it means that we commit to discovering the needs of our prospects and customers, identifying ways that we can help solve their problems with our products, and selling them our solutions. We commit to excellence in how we think about the sales process. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 as one of the country’s fastest growing companies, four years in a row.
Buildout is looking for a talented Sales leader to oversee a team of Account Executives on our ever expanding sales team. Our Account Executives are focused on generating new business from top companies from the US and Canada in the commercial real estate industry
As the Manager, reporting to the VP of Sales, you will join a strong leadership team that values collaboration, communication, and transparency. In this role, you will be accountable for driving profitable growth by developing, implementing, leading and scaling Enterprise, Mid-Market, and SMB sales activities. You will develop and lead a dynamic, results-oriented, go-to-market strategy, in tune with the complexities of the commercial real estate market.
You will directly impact our sales strategy, the customer experience, and our ability to grow and scale Buildout. You will be serving in a critical, value-centered role necessary for Buildout's successful realization of its goals.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued role so you should have proven success in sales leadership including consistently achieving quota as both an individual contributor and a leader. Our ideal candidate will have at least seven (7) years of demonstrated sales experience preferably in SaaS and at least two (2) years of experience managing a sales team.
- You have a proven track record of building a sales team strategy and using Salesforce or a similar CRM to produce accurate forecasting of revenue projections.
- You have a strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually. You enjoy managing and coaching sales reps through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
- You have deep experience in complex, competitive SaaS sales cycles
- You have exceptional skills in prospecting, discovery, presentation, buying behaviors, and overcoming objections across multiple customer segments.
- You have strong analytical skills with an ability to dig into the factors affecting sales team performance and identify incremental revenue opportunities.
- You are a skilled communicator with experience presenting to internal stakeholders and customers. You are assertive and yet are also a great listener and can be influenced by others’ perspectives.
- You are customer focused with a strong personal presence and desire to sell to customers with integrity.
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- You will work closely with the VP of Sales to build and manage a consistent and scalable sales process that Account Executives will use when generating new business.
- You will invest time into hiring, coaching and mentoring Account Executives to attain aggressive and achievable growth targets
- You will improve the overall productivity and effectiveness of the new business sales organization through the development of our Sales Excellence process
- You will analyze data from Salesforce to develop regular tracking and reporting of key performance metrics to uncover business opportunities to enhance our Sales Excellence process and coaching opportunities to help your team.
- You will work with your direct reports to ensure all sales activity is recorded and our sales database is accurate and kept up to date. This is critical to the success of our team and the company.
- You will work with your direct reports to define and execute sales plans by territory and provide guidance and direction to the team ensuring a robust and sustainable sales pipeline with a continuous source of well qualified new opportunities.
- You will collaborate with sales leadership to ensure business development plans are developed and executed for each territory with a focus on identifying and maximizing selling opportunities.
- You will partner with internal teams to ensure our handoff process to customer onboarding and billing is seamless..
- You will collaborate with our Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering and Product teams to provide feedback on prospect asks and requirements as well as to find ways to generate new sales opportunities and drive revenue growth.
- You will prepare and submit weekly pipeline forecasts, budget reforecast and other reports to the VP of Sales to demonstrate your teams are meeting and exceeding quota responsibility for the New Business segment.
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.