Everything we do at Buildout starts and ends with our people, and our customers and our product is an important part of our community of people.
In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value the Product, it means that we commit to creating an exceptional product and experience for our customers. Our software team works closely with our Product team to build and improve our industry leading commercial real estate platform. You must be willing to painstakingly perfect every detail while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies that has negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 three years in a row.
Are you someone who can build trust quickly, influence other engineers and advocate for best practices while consistently delivering on your day-to-day responsibilities? Then this might be the role for you. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of the department and the company and you can bring your passion for great products to the table everyday.
What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued role so you should have at least 7+ years of development experience and 1+ years leading development teams.
- You have comfortable mastery of object-oriented web software development and testing
- You’ll have an entrepreneurial mindset which allows you to take your knowledge and experience and lead a development team in the most efficient and effective way.
- You’ll be a thought leader and have documented experience taking existing systems and applications to the next level as our business is undergoing high growth.
- You’ll be well versed in industry trends and best practices and have the ability to identify any we should implement.
What You’ll Do at Buildout
- You’ll work closely with the Director of Engineering to plan your technical and architectural roadmap and manage the performance of your team
- You’ll work closely with your team’s product manager to plan your product roadmap and ensure weekly execution
- You’ll mentor and coach your team to ensure consistent performance and organizational alignment
- You’ll be an expert technical resource for your team’s domains, able to provide context to technical and non-technical people, help resolve blockers and quickly triage new issues
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
More About Buildout
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.