Everything we do at Buildout starts and ends with our People, and our Customers are an important part of our community of People.
We value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value the Customer, it means that we commit to creating an exceptional experience at all stages of the customer journey for the humans who we do business with. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies to have negative net churn.
As the Vice President of Customer Success, you will be responsible for deeply understanding our customers' needs and putting processes in place to ensure our customers are successful. By managing the entire customer journey, including onboarding, implementation, training, customer success, customer support, professional services, renewal, and advocacy, you will directly impact the overall customer experience and our ability to grow and scale Buildout.
You will report to the Executive Vice President of Operations and sit on the management team, serving in a critical, value-centered role necessary for Buildout's successful realization of its goals.
Objectives You’re Here to Meet
- Build the Customer Success Vision: Develop the customer success vision and execute on your vision with your department and in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and other leaders
- Lead Customer Success Department: Manage and inspire excellence in three direct reports representing customer success, support, onboarding, and design.
- Expand our Customer-Focused Culture: Foster a customer-centric, high-performing, collaborative culture within the customer success department and across the rest of the company
- Manage Customer Success Organization: Manage all customer success activities, including onboarding, implementation, training, customer success, customer support, professional services, renewal, and advocacy
- Drive Customer Outcomes: Manage resources, build processes, and leverage technology to drive impactful customer outcomes such as product adoption, customer satisfaction, customer health, net revenue retention and profitability
How You’ll Achieve These Objectives
- Coach and supervise the department, providing direction and professional development
- Define and map the customer journey and the customer’s desired outcomes and experience, and align processes to improve customer satisfaction and customer advocacy
- Define and measure customer health and the effectiveness of our customer processes via metrics/dashboards, and setup feedback loops to continuously learn and improve
- Collaborate with Operations to define our tech stack strategy, which includes Salesforce, Totango, Jira/Confluence, Slack, and Zendesk, and ensure department is getting maximum leverage from the tools they are using
- Collaborate with Sales and Relationship Management to expand revenue through cross-sells and up-sells and capture save opportunities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Marketing to market to existing customers
- Collaborate with Product to influence product roadmap based on high impact customer needs
- Serve as an escalation point for customer relationships and own certain strategic and Enterprise client relationships
What Might Help You Meet These Objectives
- 5+ years of experience leading B2B customer-facing organizations of 25+ employees
- 5+ years of experience managing managers
- Strong empathy for customers
- Drive for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in SaaS and recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire other
- Great at coaching and developing other employees
- Strategic mindset with ability to turn strategies into plans
- Skilled communicator when speaking with customers of all sizes as well as internal stakeholders at all levels
- Bias towards action, self-motivation, and strong focus on getting stuff done when working across departments and when the path forward is not totally clear
Bonus Points if You Have
- Venture-backed startup experience
- Commercial Real Estate experience
- Experience managing and working in support, success, or onboarding
- Experience using customer experience software such as Salesforce, Totango, Jira/Confluence, Slack, and Zendesk
What You’ll Get Out of the Experience
- Grow and Develop: Coaching and mentorship to help you develop as a leader
- Organizational Alignment: Company leadership is aligned on the importance of this role and will offer support to help you be successful
- Learn: Learn from some of the best minds in the Chicago tech scene
- Interesting Work: Work on a variety of different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomy: Manage your own project list
- Purpose: Clear line of site to how the work you are doing is having an impact
What Buildout Offers You
- We have one of the best health insurance plans in Chicago and your monthly premiums are fully paid for by the company
- Free lunch every day, whether you eat in or out of the office
- Super fun company outings -- recently we took a yacht out in Lake Michigan :)
- Great ways to take a break from the work day. Why choose between ping pong, pool, air hockey, puzzles, and even a music room if you can have them all?
- Snacks and drinks, including all the LaCroix you can drink
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
- We offer competitive compensation.
More About Buildout
Buildout is a leading SaaS company changing the face of CRE tech with products used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. We’re backed by Susquehanna Growth Equity, have won plenty of awards, and are growing. We’ve got a culture focused on treating people well, building things that have an impact, and improving, and our people love it.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!