Everything we do at Buildout starts and ends with our people, and our customers are an important part of our community of people.
In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value the Customer, it means that we commit to creating an exceptional experience at all stages of the customer journey for the humans who we do business with. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies that has negative net churn.
As the Vice President of Customer Success, you will be responsible for deeply understanding our customers' needs and putting processes in place to ensure our customers are successful. By managing the customer journey, including onboarding, implementation, training, customer success, customer support, and professional services, you will directly impact the overall customer experience and our ability to grow and scale Buildout.
You will report to the Executive Vice President of Operations and sit on the management team, serving in a critical, value-centered role necessary for Buildout's successful realization of its goals.
Objectives You’re Here to Meet
- Build the Customer Success Vision: Develop and execute your vision with your department in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and other leaders
- Lead Customer Success Department: Manage and inspire excellence in three direct reports representing customer success, support, onboarding, and design
- Expand our Customer-Focused Culture: Foster a customer-centric, high-performing, collaborative culture within the customer success department and across the rest of the company
- Manage Customer Success Organization: Manage all customer success activities, including onboarding, implementation, training, customer success, customer support, and professional services
- Drive Customer Outcomes: Manage resources, build processes, and leverage technology to drive impactful customer outcomes such as product adoption, customer satisfaction, customer health, gross revenue retention, and profitability
How You’ll Achieve These Objectives
- Coach and supervise the department, providing direction and professional development
- Define and map the customer’s desired outcomes and experience relative to the customer journey
- Align processes to improve the customer’s outcomes and their satisfaction
- Define and measure customer health and the effectiveness of our customer processes via metrics/dashboards, and set up feedback loops to continuously learn and improve
- Collaborate with Operations to define our tech stack strategy, which includes Salesforce, Totango, Jira/Confluence, Slack, and Zendesk, and ensure department is getting maximum leverage from the tools they are using
- Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. sales, relationship management, marketing, product marketing, product, etc) to influence initiatives in other departments such as the product roadmap, revenue expansion, and customer marketing
- Serve as an escalation point for customer relationships and own certain strategic and enterprise client relationships
Experience & Skills You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience leading B2B SaaS customer-facing organizations of 25+ employees
- 5+ years of experience managing managers
- Strong empathy for customers
- Ability to strategically map the end-to-end customer journey and tie touch points to CS and other go-to-market functions
- Proven track record of supporting revenue and growth through vision and cross-department collaboration
- Exceptional at leading, coaching, training, and developing other employees
- Experience ensuring effectiveness across customer success functions such as onboarding, implementation, training, success, support, and services
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning, feedback, and improvement
- Strategic and analytical mindset with a bias towards action and ability to execute in established and new product scenarios
- Skilled communicator when speaking with customers of all sizes as well as internal stakeholders at all levels
Bonus Points if You Have
- Investor-backed startup experience
- Commercial Real Estate experience
- Experience using customer experience software such as Salesforce, Totango, Jira/Confluence, Slack, and Zendesk
What You’ll Get Out of the Experience
- Grow and Develop: Coaching and mentorship to help you develop as a leader
- Organizational Alignment: Company leadership is aligned on the importance of this role and will offer support to help you be successful
- Learn: Learn from some of the best minds in the Chicago tech scene
- Interesting Work: Work on a variety of different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomy: Manage your own project list
- Purpose: Clear line of site to how the work you are doing is having an impact
What Buildout Offers You
- We have one of the best health insurance plans in Chicago and your monthly premiums are fully paid for by the company
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch every day, whether you eat in or out of the office
- Super fun company outings -- recently we took a yacht out in Lake Michigan :)
- Great ways to take a break from the work day. Why choose between ping pong, pool, air hockey, puzzles, and even a music room if you can have them all?
- Snacks and drinks, including all the LaCroix you can drink
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
More About Buildout
Buildout is a leading SaaS company changing the face of CRE tech with products used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. We’re backed by Susquehanna Growth Equity, have won plenty of awards, and are growing. We’ve got a culture focused on treating people well, building things that have an impact, and improving, and our people love it.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!