Our software team’s main job is to build and improve our industry leading commercial real estate platform.
Our core product is our marketing suite, which gathers Buildout users’ property information then sends it out to our users’ customers through all the main marketing channels. We create emails, pdf documents, print materials, almost anything you can think of. We also have a modern, customizable plugin that brokers can embed in their websites to keep every bit of information up to date.
Moving forward, we have a deep product roadmap that we want your help with. We just launched a lot of awesome new features like property maps complete with interactive overlays, a fully user-customizable version of our plugin, and even a tool to help companies make custom-built, browser-compatible emails. We are looking for teammates who want to take ownership of their products and see them from inception all the way through the first user release.
What kind of team are you joining?
Our goal as a team is to give you the tools you need to be the most comfortable doing your work. If you like collaborating, we have an open office and you can pair with other team members easily. Maybe you like to put your head down and concentrate? We respect your flow so pop in your headphones and work. We emphasize a work life balance at Buildout, and because of that we have a flexible schedule. You’re never going to have a manager looking over your shoulder asking you to report your hours (however they will be around for weekly 1-on-1’s to make sure that you’re feeling great). As a team member at Buildout you can do what you need to do to get the job done.
When you join the team, you’re not just joining part of Buildout, you’re joining Buildout. While you are a member of the engineering organization, you are also part of a team that includes dozens of other great people. We have the kind of team where everyone knows everyone’s name, where having a chat with CEO isn’t a special occasion because all of us, from top to bottom, pride ourselves on being accessible. We are a company where everyone is free to be whoever they want to be, always.
What are the technical skills that you’ll need to succeed?
We are looking for someone with experience in testing and quality assurance, specifically someone looking to be our first tester and help establish the department at Buildout. Your daily responsibilities include:
- Help to develop our end-to-end and regression testing suite for all products at Buildout
- Run our manual tests prior to our daily releases:
- Verify that all required functionality is working as intended
- Verify that we haven’t introduced any regressions
- Verify functionality across desktop and mobile browsers
- Verify functionality across Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge
- Provide detailed bug reports of all issues including steps to reproduce, screenshots and any logs
- Work directly with our software engineers to quickly identify and resolve bugs
- You’ll do well here if you have the following skills:
- Strong experience as a software tester for web applications
- Strong software testing skills and principles
- Ability to execute predefined and ad-hoc testing plans
- A preference for a role where you’re in charge of helping to create our manual testing processes
- A desire to learn to automate your tests using Selenium or similar frameworks
- Solid technical and business communication skills
- Commercial Real Estate knowledge a plus
What can you expect when applying?
We promise that we review every single application, there is no filtering robot. When you apply, you can expect a confirmation email that we received your application. Once you know we received it, we will read it over and contact you about next steps soon.