Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, Profit.
These are Buildout’s Core Values. We care about listening to and supporting our Team and Customers and Team, building a high quality Product, Improving ourselves and company, and creating Profit as a result of the genuine value we generate.
Buildout is a leading SaaS company in commercial real estate. We’re backed by Susquehanna Growth Equity, have won plenty of awards, and are growing. We’ve got a culture focused on treating people well, building things that have an impact, and improving, and our people love it.
The Operations Team helps Buildout grow by improving the company’s operational processes. We synthesize information across departments to get to the best decisions and have an exceptional ability to follow through and get things done. We are analytical and data-driven, but also recognize the need to make decisions with imperfect data.
How you’ll help
As Operations Manager, you will report to the EVP of Operations and work closely with the functional leaders of multiple departments to foster cross-departmental collaboration, streamline current processes, and implement new processes. You will directly impact our ability to grow and scale Buildout.
What you’ll do
- Develop operational strategies in collaboration with leaders from sales, marketing, client services, and other departments
- Execute multiple projects within and across departments through an agile process
- Build processes and dashboards to assess day-to-day department operations
- Project manage certain high priority company strategic initiatives
- Implement processes and systems to support data-driven decision making, continuous improvement and information transparency
Who you are
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of tech operations experience (e.g. sales ops, marketing ops, and/or cs ops), or 3+ years of top-tier management consulting experience
- Analytical: You can get deep into the details of complex problems, distill them into core issues, pull out insights, and develop plans and solutions to solve
- Bias towards Action: You are self-motivated and know how to get stuff done when working across departments and when the path forward is not totally clear
- Skilled Communicator: You can communicate and negotiate effectively with people at different levels of an organization and in different departments
- Organized Multitasker: You are great at organizing your work, have incredible time management skills and don't get overwhelmed easily
- Enjoy Excel: You enjoy creating Excel or Google Spreadsheets with vlookup, sumif, pivot tables, and the like, or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have
- 1+ years of experience working at a venture-backed startup
- Experience with Salesforce configuration or other enterprise system configuration
- Experience establishing business ops frameworks such as strategic planning, OKRs, etc
What you’ll get out of the experience
- Grow and develop: Coaching to help you meet your growth goals
- Learn a ton: Learn from some of the best minds in the Chicago tech scene
- No boring work days: Work on a variety of different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomy: Manage your own project list
- Purpose: Clear line of site to how the work you are doing is having an impact
What Buildout offers you
- We have one of the best health insurance plans in Chicago and your monthly premiums are fully paid for by the company
- Free lunch every day, whether you eat in or out of the office
- Super fun company outings -- most recently we took a yacht out in Lake Michigan :)
- Great ways to take a break from the work day. Why choose between ping pong, pool, air hockey, puzzles, and even a music room if you can have them all?
- Snacks and drinks, including all the LaCroix you can drink
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!