Customers, Product, Team, Profit and Improvement.
Those are Buildout’s core values. The Product Team plays an integral role in upholding our values by ensuring we produce world class software. We have an existing product with thousands of paying customers. We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to help launch a brand new product line that is still honing in on product-market fit.
As a UX/UI designer at Buildout you will have an incredibly important role. You will be responsible for taking a combination of internal requirements and customer feedback and producing an awesome user experience. This is going to be a lot of work, but you will get to see your ideas turn into product quickly.
- Work directly with a small cross-functional product team to create useful and holistic solutions that consider the entire customer experience
- Partner with product managers and engineers to actively oversee the user experience of product capabilities from scope definition until launch
- Explore new innovative solutions and contribute to the team's design standards
- Facilitate collaboration through design workshops and design thinking practices
- Perform the entire process of user research from planning and recruitment to moderating and synthesizing your findings
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for excellence
- Approach problem solving through an iterative and human-centered process
- 3+ years of professional UX/UI design experience
- A solid portfolio of product-focused design work, including detailed descriptions of your design process
- Working knowledge of industry standards, protocols, and methodologies for both responsive and app design
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proficiency with Sketch, InVision, and Jira
- Ability to take incomplete requirements and produce consistent, usable wireframes and mockups
- Interest in defining the interface for multiple, new products