We are looking for a Dialogue Coordinator to aid the Narrative and Audio Teams in all aspects of Dialogue Management and Coordination. This is a role for an organised and driven individual, who is eager to take ownership of Dialogue, and who has great communication skills and an ability to adapt to the changing needs and requirements of game development.
Reporting to our Supervising Writer, you will have a firm emphasis on cross-department collaboration, and the fidelity of in-game spoken lines. You’ll be joining the project at a crucial time for the studio as we grow and develop our team, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
- Dialogue editing and submitting, in accordance with Narrative and Design team needs and requirements.
- Taking ownership of, and maintaining, in-game dialogue tools and use.
- Collaborating across the Narrative, Audio, Design, and Script teams, and any other game departments as needed.
- Assist with Narrative Production tasks such as Bug tracking, JIRA + Confluence use, in-depth notetaking in meetings, etc.
- Helping oversee in-game QA of VO categories: dialogue timings, subtitle fixing, and bug tracking (working closely with QA, Gameplay Scripters + Narrative/Design).
- Working to tight deadlines, schedules, and frameworks.
- Alongside the Supervising Writer and Audio Leads, keep on top of VO Production needs such as: Tracking recording progress, identifying recording needs, recording schedule, and line context.
- Attending VO sessions if required, alongside Narrative and Audio Leads.
- Working with Narrative leads to watermark recording scripts, generate recording sides, and prepare any other relevant VO session materials.
- Coordinating with Audio Team and Dialogue Supervisor to track VO deliveries and implementation.
- Assist the Audio and Narrative Teams with implementation of all voice over within the game.
- Working with external teams to identify any Narrative Team needs as they relate to any tools or software.
- Knowledge in Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in Jira/Confluence (or similar Project Management tools)
- Experience or knowledge of Dialogue Tools
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Localisation Outsource Experience
- A shipped game having worked with Dialogue/Production experience and a firm understanding of pipelines.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.