As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be working alongside a talented art team driving forwards cutting-edge visuals, providing technical guidance and defining art workflow and pipelines.
You will be joining the studio in a key role at pivotal time as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground breaking open-world game. The role brings the opportunity of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Director to define and maintain art workflows.
- Clearly communicate and document art production pipelines.
- Shader research and development.
- Provide guidance to artists encouraging best working practices and strong asset organisation.
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow.
- Liaise with engine team to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Provide clear guidance on technical performance constraints and help define asset budgets.
- Expert knowledge of game engines and the technical constraints and challenges of game development.
- Significant experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, in a video game environment.
- Excellent technical understanding of art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (such as Python, C++).
- Understanding of modern procedural asset creation techniques (Scanning, Marvellous).
- Strong interest in the latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends.
- 4 years minimum experience as Technical Artist in the games industry.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.