As our new UI Artist / Designer, you will work closely with the UI Art team, Programmers, and Designers to create high-quality adaptable UI vital to our game.
You will be a valuable part of the UI Team, helping to define the core interface experience including, visual development, usability, and accessibility.
Right now is a great time to join the studio as we approach a pivotal time growing our UI team and defining our pipeline. You will have the opportunity to have a noticeable impact on our high-quality, groundbreaking game!
- Build world-class functional UI working closely with game designers, UI Artists, and Programmers
- Implement UI widgets and systems in Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer
- Ensure UI correctly adapts to various screen shapes and resolutions with appropriate anchoring and scaling
- Work with existing and new wireframes for review and approval
- Work with UI programmers to implement and optimise runtime UI
- Work with UI artists and designers to realise and polish player experiences
- Document UI/UX pipelines and workflows
- 2+ years professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Experience using Adobe suite
- Familiar with UI software architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM)
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer or other game UI systems (Unity UI etc)
- Familiar with Source Control software, preferably Perforce
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools and digital content creation tools used for UI
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.