We are looking for a Technical Artist who understands animation production and has a genuine interest in spearheading the creation of the tools and pipeline for the animation teams. Someone who is keen at providing solutions and always finding a better way.
As a Technical Artist, you will be working alongside the animation team to enable them produce high-end content and providing technical guidance as well as helping to define animation workflow and pipelines. You will be working closely with the Cinematic Director and Lead Animator to ensure that the technical development for the animation pipeline scales alongside with the team’s needs.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our animation teams and define our pipeline.
- Tool development and technical support for the animation teams.
- Recognize inefficiencies or pipeline issues and present solutions.
- Develop tools & scripts for third party software like Motion Builder & Maya and develop proprietary tools.
- Creation & maintenance of technical documentation.
- Work closely with Lead Animator, Cinematic Director and programming teams to bridge needs and requirements.
- 3+ Years of experience in similar position.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder / Maya.
- Strong Python / Mel programming/scripting.
- Experience in various other scripting or programming languages is very desirable.
- Knowledge of building human, facial, vehicles and prop rigging.
- Knowledge of cloth simulation software such as nCloth
- Understanding of 3D Math functions - linear algebra & vector maths.
- Experience in game development working with animation teams.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.