The art team at Build a Rocket Boy Games is expanding! We’re looking for a passionate and exceptional UX Designer to come join us here in our newly refurbished Edinburgh office.
The UX Designer will translate high level design requirements into engaging experiences across the projects menu and HUD systems.
Our ideal candidate will be an insightful and creative team player with an enthusiasm for wireframing accessible menus & HUDs, maintaining UX/design documentation and working iteratively towards building one of the most ambitious projects in games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
As a member of the Art team you’ll work closely with the game director, core design group and UI artists, to create and maintain the vision across the Everywhere project. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills alongside an incredible worldwide team.
- Takes ownership in the design of screen layouts and interface elements
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes and mockups, that leads to an intuitive user experience
- Ensure that signs and feedback clearly communicate the game information and that there is consistency across the board
- Work closely with game designers and UI artists to balance usability and functionality with visual appeal
- Work with the UI artists to create UI patterns and style guides.
- Communicate the UI designs with different departments (audio, animation, effects, narrative, script, etc.)
- Iterate on designs, based on team feedback, director feedback and playtest results
- Consider how the menus and HUD will work for different input methods (PC/Consoles)
- Ensure that menus and HUD account for localization
- Support/lead accessibility across the scope of the game
- Stay up to date on best practices and market trends
- 3+ years experience or 2 shipped projects as a UX/UI designer, with AAA title experience and an able to show/discuss your work
- A strong UX/UI sense and comfortable with the concepts of flow, layouts, and wireframes
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, time management, communication, and presentation skills
- Confident in communicating ideas to directors, artists and scripters, and adapt the designs where necessary
- Good knowledge of usability testing methods and processes
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or XD) is a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Knowledge about Accessibility guidelines
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.