As a Smart Contract Developer on the Blockchain team, you are responsible for designing and implementing on-chain logic and deliver the core smart contracts for a variety of use cases. You are expected to co-operate with other teams to find solutions to difficult problems and take ownership of integrating various systems with the blockchain. The ideal candidate has experience using existing standardized smart contract patterns, developing custom smart contracts on the Ethereum Virtual Machine, and has a strong understanding of general blockchain technologies.
We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Architect innovative on-chain solutions for traditional AAA games and adjacent services.
- Design, implement, and audit custom smart contracts to support off-chain systems.
- Deploy and manage a multitude of fungible, semi-fungible, and non-fungible tokens.
- Research and develop new types of smart contracts as needed by game and platform systems.
- Prioritize, plan, and manage assigned tasks.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Mentor team members in your area of expertise.
- Stay curious and up to date on blockchain technology and related industry trends.
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineer role.
- Strong understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- Experience writing, testing, and auditing Solidity smart contracts.
- Experience with ERC-20, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 standards and open-source frameworks (e.g. OpenZeppelin).
- Experience with common development frameworks (Truffle/Hardhat).
- Experience with Web3 Ethereum libraries (web3.js/ethers.js).
- Deep knowledge of secure Solidity patterns for tokens and GameFi/DeFi protocols.
- Good knowledge of common ERC/EIP standards.
- Strong understanding of distributed ledger technology.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.