We are looking for a talented and creative Senior UI Scripter to join our team and implement existing assets and designs in order to create vibrant, exciting user interfaces.
You will implement these systems and assets in Unreal and with our own tools, working closely with the Art and Code teams.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Build the UI and HUD elements within an ambitious AAA game.
- Design and implement effective UI-related sub systems at the right level of abstraction.
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency in terms of system performance and work.
- Mentor and support team members so the whole team accomplishes their deadlines as they master their skills.
- Work closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- 5+ years of experience in the videogame industry and/or at least 2 shipped titles.
- Demonstrable experience creating fully functional and visually polished user interfaces.
- Excellent knowledge of technical scripting languages such as Lua or C#.
- Capable of efficient debugging of game sub systems.
- Solid planning skills (including dependencies on/from other peers) without direct supervision.
- Ability to detect and clearly communicate potential risks and limitations of work.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and the ability to drive topics forward without external help.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
Desirable extra skills/experience:
- Experience with Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- Experience with HTML5, Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, etc.
- Programming background and proficiency in C++.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.