Build A Rocket Boy is seeking an experienced Art Director with a proven track record of delivering visually inspiring games. You will play a key role in guiding technology, tool & pipeline development while helping to realise game vision for an entirely new AAA open world game. As Art Director you will drive productivity as well as identify risks & opportunities for improvement throughout the team. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail oriented. You will be responsible for spearheading cross departmental initiatives to deliver a pioneering and compelling player experience.
- Motivate and inspire the Art teams, ensuring that the artistic style is consistent with the creative vision for the project.
- Manage and develop the Art Leads across the company, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare, and providing mentoring.
- Drive the visual quality in collaboration with other Directors and Leads, practically adapting and re-prioritising creative and technical artistic changes.
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and visual direction.
- Oversee and provide detailed feedback to multiple art disciplines including 2D, 3D, Lighting, VFX and Concept Art.
- Establish best practices, methods, and pipelines for the art team.
- Plan for the development or acquisition of technology and tools to deliver world-class quality across all artistic disciplines of the project.
- Share your passion for excellence, create inspiring artwork/style guides to clearly promote visual quality standards and ensure that everyone is working cohesively to meet these standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality of the project.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an Art or Assistant Art Director.
- Highly proficient in current development tools and software such as Unreal, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- A confident art leader with excellent verbal and written communication, possessing the ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity & conviction as well as provide clear feedback & guidance.
- Keen artistic eye with the ability to understand and stay focused on the larger goals and strategies of the business.
- Good understanding of essential art principles; colour and lighting theory, composition, and staging technique.
- Ability to creatively supervise & drive artwork, direct other artists, and lead by example.
- An exceptional understanding of up-to-date game development processes with a keen interest in latest technology advancements.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize a creative vision and establish quality benchmarks for the team.
- Track record of proactive problem solving, working in collaboration with other discipline Leads, cross departmentally.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.