As our new Game Capture Artist, you will be responsible for creating and capturing exciting and engaging content from within the game, to be published on all Build a Rocket Boy channels. You will be a key member of the brand team in our efforts of creating amazing content for our players. You’ll capture content for teasers, trailers, demos, and other channels in order to edit and perform post-production services.
Located in the Edinburgh Studio, you’ll work closely with the Game Development, QA, Brand, Design, Community, and Customer Care teams, as well as the wider studio. As a key member of the department, you will have a direct impact on the success of Build a Rocket Boy’s upcoming title Everywhere.
- Create stylized shots using Unreal Engine, recording gameplay and staged events in-game, in collaboration with other departments.
- Iterate shots to capture the best possible results while working within the confines of an unfinished product.
- Work closely with Directors and other creators in the team to scope and follow briefs to achieve the intentions required with your game captures.
- Define how to translate a script / brief into exciting in-game shots.
- Work directly with the brand group to define our approach on content.
- Optimise and re-iterate produced content to be published on multiple channels (web, social, etc.).
- 4+ years’ experience in commercial video content production, ideally in AAA video games or similar entertainment.
- A creative and cinematic eye combined with creative vision.
- Photography experience is required. You need a good sense of composition, camera motion, depth of field, framing and real-world camera lenses, applying those skills to your work.
- Portfolio with strong visual aesthetic demonstrating ability to work with a virtual camera.
- Unreal Engine skills, especially cameras and sequencer.
- Strong interest in audio-visual creation and visual communication.
- A strong attention to detail while being able to take briefs and ideas as well as iterative feedback and apply new processes to your daily work.
- Understanding of latest equipment and content trends, ideally within AAA video games.
- Capacity to prioritise and handle multiple projects at the same time with tight deadlines.
- Outstanding collaborator, a great team player with a pro-active, positive, “can do” attitude.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest.