Gameplay is at the heart of everything we do, and this role involves implementing the gameplay systems, levels, and features that define the project as well as supporting the wider team with the best tools and workflows possible.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking AAA game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Designing and implementing effective Script sub-systems at the right levels of abstraction.
- Using appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency in terms of system performance and work.
- Mentoring and supporting team members to enable the whole team to achieve their goals as they master their skills.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- 3+ years of experience in the videogame industry, ideally with at least one shipped title.
- Excellent knowledge of a technical scripting language such as Lua or C#.
- Capable of reading complex code and understanding its structure and purpose.
- Capable of efficient debugging of game sub systems.
- Solid planning skills (including dependencies on/from other peers) without direct supervision.
- Solid algorithmic skills:
- Time and space complexities.
- Real world cost of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding, and proficiency working with, high level networking concepts.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and the ability to drive topics forward without external help.
- An uncompromising eye for detail and a drive to create polished, high-quality work.
- Experience in improving processes, finding inefficiencies and pushing for better solutions.
- Ability to detect and clearly communicate potential risks and limitations of work.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
Desirable extra skills/experience:
- Experience working on multiplayer features/network systems.
- Experience automating tasks with tools e.g. Python scripting.
- Experience working on Analytics/KPIs.
- Programming background and proficiency in C++.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.