We are looking for an experienced Lead Character Artist, specialising in stylised character art, with a proven track record of delivering world-class games.
You will play a key role in driving the quality and vision for characters in our project, being the point of contact and spearheading asset development under the guidance of the project Art Directors. You will collaborate with other Directors in our studio to deliver on exciting and genre-defining briefs.
- Mentor a team of Character Artists and be accountable for delivering stunning stylised AAA characters for our world
- Create industry-leading stylised assets, setting the bar by providing benchmarks and leading by example
- Manage external relationships, providing feedback to drive quality and maintain a consistent vision for our characters
- Work with Technical Artists to create, improve, and maintain pipelines, shepherding assets efficiently through our development
- Set budgets and document workflows, empowering other artists to deliver inspiring character assets
- Work with Programmers, Technical Artists and Riggers to help implement and optimise impressive runtime assets
- Be a team player, open to taking and offering feedback
- 3+ Years of experience in a similar position, with at least 1 shipped title under your belt
- In-depth knowledge of character art principles
- Expert knowledge of character creation software (e.g. Zbrush, Substance, Maya etc)
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine or other similar game engines (Unity etc)
- Self organised and interested in improving the character development process
- Capable of meeting schedules and committing to delivery dates, as well as helping the team to achieve milestone goals
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to work cross departmentally to deliver remarkable character assets
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.