The Senior Web Designer position, reporting directly to the Live Product Director, is a key role at Build a Rocket Boy. As Senior Web Designer, you will be responsible for the UX + UI design of both the Build a Rocket Boy and Everywhere game websites. This role requires a combination of graphic design + web design skillsets.
Working closely with your Web Developer, you possess fine graphical skills, with a flair for the future, as well as the drive to take a web idea from concept through to execution.
In this role, you will also work closely with the game direction, insights, community, and CRM teams.
The ideal candidate has deep experience with modern web design, including pre-visualisation, asset creation, responsive design standards, and designing for accessibility.
Please send links to portfolio, with password if needed.
- Work together with Game Direction, Product Direction, and Marketing teams on all web projects for Build a Rocket Boy and Everywhere.
- Conceptualise and refine web designs to meet business objectives.
- Create visual assets, icons, and other 2D imagery for web use.
- Create wireframes as needed to support UX development.
- Update the site regularly with new content to support the game title after launch.
- Establish design guidelines as appropriate with the marketing and art departments.
- Cooperation, communication, and coordination with both internal BARB studios and outsourcers / external partners.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience at a professional level between Web and Graphic design (end to end solo web design is applicable) in any setting.
- Experience designing and building customer-facing websites or apps in a gaming / media / content creation context is a bonus.
- Keen awareness of the latest visual and UI design trends and frameworks (i.e. Material UI), across web / mobile / console / TV.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML + CSS in a professional environment.
- Experience with UX / Wireframing software (Sketch, InDesign, etc)
- A passion for video games.
- A desire to work in a unique “AAA Start-up” environment – we run lean, and expect that you know when to jump in, when to ask for help, and when to seek external solutions.
- Strong communication and cooperation skills, written and verbal, in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field of study (Graphic Design, Web Design, Communications, etc.) or equivalent experience.