Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the IT staff, and help the organization realize the benefits of well organized corporate business systems.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with executive team members, decision-makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems. Provide guidance and assign tasks to other team members
- Provide support for system access and assignments to ensure employees are provisioned for systems and effective interoperability.
- Provide other support and redundancy capabilities to a small well functioning IT team including support, hardware provisioning, and onboarding/offboarding as needs require and skills provide for.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Enterprise macOS Environment
- Experience implementing authentication with SAML, Single Sign-On, etc.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Help service other IT roles responsibilities in the event one's absence
- Familiar with Applications such as Jamf, Okta, Atlassian, Carbon Black, Gsuite, Slack, BetterCloud, Zoom and VPNs in an admin capacity a huge plus. Familiarity with other business systems such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, etc are nice to have as well.
- Empathetic in the work you do
The Senior Systems Engineer will have a bachelor’s degree/certifications and 5 years of System Engineering experience or associate degree/certifications and 10 years related experience, or 15 years related experience.
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite is in the kitchen, but consumption is optional.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Features ship to users every single day. We deploy multiple times daily.
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Mental Health Days
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Generous allowance to build the workstation that suits you.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.