Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
Bugcrowd is on the hunt for a Community Development Manager to join our Researcher Growth team. This team member plays a key role in developing our best-in-class security researchers; Lead the creation and buildout of Researcher-focused education and community content, provide sponsorship opportunities and run community-focused events, moderate Bugcrowd community spaces, and design, execute, and manage partnership initiatives to expand relationships within the community.
The ideal candidate for this role :
- Active in the hacker community
- Professional experience in the infosec industry
- Has a data-driven, strategy mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active listener who can understand challenges and prioritize objectives
- Can manage projects and programs through cross-functional partnerships
- An understanding of common security vulnerabilities; the OWASP top ten and beyond
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage relationships with Researchers in both local and international communities, as well as hacker focused security groups - using social media and other communication channels.
- Help identify and attract top Researchers to join Bugcrowd and participate in programs.
- Ensure Bugcrowd’s programs and Crowd reflect a diverse and inclusive culture, empowering Researchers and teams to invest in engagements and causes they are passionate about.
- Collaborate on content and social media campaigns focused on Researchers to strengthen Bugcrowd’s partnership and presence within the Community.
- Lead experiments that help scale our community programs and their impact
- Run periodic surveys to better understand Crowd sentiment to help design and drive researcher focused initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally to build and curate educational content to help researchers develop their skills and grow their resume.
- Research and develop partnerships with Information Security Content Creators to support and uplift community content.
- Design and run education and merit-based incentive programs.
Events & Sponsorships
- Design and execute Researcher focused events and conferences including our “Bug Bash” offerings, virtual user conferences and Capture the Flag events.
- Identify and evaluate researcher-focused events to sponsor in the Information Security Community.
- Oversee day-of-event logistics, including liaising with speakers and partners, coordinating assignments, AV, catering needs and space management.
- Set and track event and program performance goals through data measurement tools and dashboards.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite’s in the kitchen, but not mandatory.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Mental Health Days
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations.
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.