Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
The Bugcrowd Researcher Success Team is looking for a dynamic, talented, and motivated Technical Community Engagement Manager to join our team. The Bugcrowd Researcher Success Team plays a key role in developing our best-in-class Security Researchers and building the Crowd to ensure we coordinate Security Researchers with clients for engagements and bounty programs.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner, has experience fostering community through social media, able to manage large amounts of information, and understand complex concepts quickly. In addition, the individual should be an effective communicator and listener with a proven history in building cross-functional partnerships, both internally and externally. Experience in security, building and leading teams, and/or working with Security Researchers is highly valued. This role includes a large amount of autonomy in day-to-day operations and comes with a high degree of implicit trust to be able to execute with minimal supervision.
The Community Engagement Manager role will develop and maintain Crowd-driven communication and social strategies, programs, and initiatives from a technical perspective to grow our best-in-class crowd of Security Researchers. In addition, this role will assist with the creation and buildout of technical, Researcher-focused content, designed to help grow, educate, and support the community - while also developing partnerships within the Crowd as a whole.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Build and manage relationships with Researchers in both local and international communities, as well as hacker focused security groups - using social media and other communication channels.
- Help expand Bugcrowd’s social community presence and drive social engagement.
- Help identify and attract top Researchers to join Bugcrowd and participate in programs.
- Identify and select researchers for niche, curated crowdsourced security programs.
- Ensure Bugcrowd’s programs and Crowd reflect a diverse and inclusive culture, empowering Researchers and teams to invest in engagements and causes they are passionate about.
- Provide basic researcher coaching and support to help immediate customer and researcher conflicts and assist internal teams in addressing researcher related questions and issues.
- Organize and manage community programs that foster collaboration, mentorship, and the expansion of the Bugcrowd brand.
- Assist Researcher Success with implementation and tracking of researcher swag and incentive programs to support researcher development and growth initiatives.
- Responsible for strategic growth of Bugcrowd Forum as well as technical content review of community posts.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create Researcher focused events and conferences.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategic marketing content and social media campaigns focused on Researchers to strengthen Bugcrowd’s partnership and presence within the Community.
- Work with the team to create researcher blogs, resources, and supporting materials for transparency and community development.
- Assist internal teams in creating and maintaining verbose, navigable documentation for existing processes, as well as advising on the implementation of new ones.
- Run periodic surveys to better understand Crowd sentiment and design and action new initiatives where appropriate.
- Track related data-metrics and provide regular digests to management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You will have knowledge of what motivates and engages Security Researchers and will use this to shape programs and business initiatives. You will keep abreast of industry best practices and innovations to continually evolve and implement Bugcrowd programs and community engagements as appropriate.
- A strong understanding of Hacker culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in product marketing or social media is preferred
- Active listener who can understand challenges, prioritize objectives, and align issues to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the experience to interact comfortably with Researchers, Clients, Employees, Executives, and Individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Are curious, adept at developing novel solutions to big challenges, and have an inherent interest in learning about business needs and objectives, new technologies, and innovative project methodologies or processes.
- Have the ability to manage projects and programs through cross-functional partnerships you have built and maintained.
- Have the ability to organize information and present findings effectively.
- Possess a high level of professional and personal integrity
- Understand common security vulnerabilities (the OWASP top ten, and possibly beyond), as well as how a Researcher would typically go through attacking a given target (this is a nice to have, but not required)!
- Act decisively, independently, and confidently across a wide variety and range of circumstances and situations.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite’s in the kitchen, but not mandatory.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations.
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.