Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’ll join a highly engaged and technical group that is well versed in building enterprise-ready and extremely secure software systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a platform that connects hackers around the world with companies to help all of us be more secure
- Mentoring, pairing with, and generally supporting the growth and leveling up of members on the team
- In addition to our external users, you’ll be working on improving our platform for our amazing internal teams, such as the Application Security Engineers who review and test incoming vulnerabilities
- Helping design the platform by working with our product team and both internal and external stakeholders to provide an engineering perspective
- Working with our designers on our design system which strives for high accessibility and standards compliance: https://bugcrowd.design/
We are looking for somebody with:
- Strong software engineering skills in more than one language (Scala, Go, Kotlin, Ruby or Python)
- Understanding of data architecture
- Experience in data- and event buses, streaming data (especially in the Kafka ecosystem), SQL
- Knowledge of infrastructure and cloud (preferably AWS)
- At least eight years of professional experience, preferably with a Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science
Skills that are nice to have:
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Secure development best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, SSL, load balancing)
- Deep understanding of performance issues in web applications
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
- Experience with triple stores, SPARQL, OWL or other semantic web technologies
- Experience with DevOps – DBs, pipelines, monitoring, deployment, etc.
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose
- We are a globally distributed team; there are Bugcrowders around the world working together to make this thing great
- We come from all over: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Features ship to users every single day. We deploy multiple times daily
- Cool office in one of SF’s historic buildings right by the Embarcadero and Exploratorium
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups
- Flexible vacation time
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage
- Generous allowance to build the workstation that suits you
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes and may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law and will be reviewed on a case by case circumstance.