Buf is building a new paradigm for APIs. We create both open-source and commercial software that enables teams to create, maintain, and consume their Protobuf APIs systematically. We believe Protobuf represents a huge improvement on the industry standard of JSON/REST, and are excited to make Protobuf a reality for all teams, from scrappy startups to leading enterprises. Founded in 2020, we have raised money from some of the world’s premier investors, including Lightspeed, Tiger, and Addition. We are just getting started and would love to have your help.
We’re currently hiring backend Software Engineers to help us build out the core of our products.
- Designing and developing all aspects of our products, including software architecture, deployment, and support.
- Engaging with Buf's current and potential users in the Protobuf and gRPC ecosystems, to demo our products and gather user feedback.
- Constant learning across a wide variety of technical areas, as needed, to solve emerging problems to bring our product to life.
- Helping to identify and establish best-in-class engineering approaches and practices.
- At least two years of professional experience in Go.
- A track record of architecting robust and reliable, production-grade distributed systems, ideally using Protobuf and/or gRPC.
- The ability to move quickly while managing trade-offs of performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Envoy, Postgres, GCP.
- A track record of existing work within the Protobuf and gRPC communities.
At Buf, we embrace diversity. We know that diverse teams make great teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply. It is our goal to ensure that our workplace can be anyone’s workplace. If your experience isn’t an exact match for this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We’re always looking to add diversity of thought and perspective to our team.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Buf. More details about Buf’s privacy practices can be found at: https://buf.build/resources/privacy/.