About the Role
As a housekeeping Supervisor at Camp Buckner, you make an impact on our guests' experience by providing quality support services. Through your work, guests receive inviting spaces and the best housing possible during their stay at Camp Buckner.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our guests through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Perform all duties in a courteous manner and maintain excellence in customer service including but not limited to cheerfully greeting residents and visitors and exercising respect with co-workers.
- Effectively assist residents and families with housekeeping or laundry concerns; provide problem resolution for customer satisfaction or refers to Facility Director for follow-up.
- Provide leadership support, guidance, and coaching to department personnel; administer policy and procedure; assign daily tasks and organizes staff to meet business needs.
- Prepare and distribute the housekeeping/laundry employee schedule as well as cleaning schedules. Perform timekeeping entries for team members.
- Monitor work performance of all housekeeping and laundry employees.
- Responsible for providing training orientation for new employees, including but not limited to proper housekeeping and laundry methods, cleaning techniques, safe and appropriate use of chemicals.
- Order housekeeping and laundry supplies and chemicals.
- Participate in management meetings and conduct meetings within your department.
- Clean and service rooms, baths, and offices.
- Assist other departments as needed with set ups, clean up, policing spills during meals, etc.
- Arrange for utility rooms, supply storage rooms and linen closets to be organized and maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
- Ensure all department equipment is in good working condition in accordance with manufacturer’s operational standards and arrange maintenance or repair as needed
- Arrange for and assist with the moving of furniture as needed.
- Detect and correct, or report, hazardous conditions that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents, employees, or visitors.
- Participate in service training as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Camp Buckner /Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required. special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of all phases of housekeeping and laundry operations; minimum two years prior related experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy.
- Ability to use most objects, equipment, and/or machines at or within arm’s reach and use in-depth perception and field of vision (peripheral), and ability to distinguish small details when preforming your duties
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects
- Ability to continually exercise and exhibit excellent organizational skills and take actions to preform work independently.
- Ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, stand, walk over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- 1 year housekeeping supervisor experience preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.