Join a team that values your hard work and knows your worth. This is where we inspire happiness everyday. Ventana by Buckner is a Luxury Senior Living Community that has/is changing the dynamics in Senior Living. Schedule an interview today and see what all the talk is about.
About the Role
As a Licensed Vocational Nurse you will impact the lives of residents through providing ongoing professional health care.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the individual service plan in followed; administers or supervises treatments prescribed by physician.
- Make meaningful rounds of all residents, utilizing service plans; make rounds with physicians and records visits on charts.
- Administer all intramuscular, sub-cutaneous injections; perform all in-house testing procedures; take and record vital signs.
- Document acute episodes or significant changes in resident status.
- Supervise aides in the performance of their duties by monitoring their work; assign aides to residents – specifying break times and special duties to be completed, including activities.
- Work with Activity Director, DON , and Nurse Aides in carrying out the activities program.
- Meet with DON as needed and participate in staff meetings to keep staff performing at optimum level.
- Receive or place calls to physicians and follow through with physician’s orders.
- Handle the preparation and administration of prescribed medications.
- Order all new medications and refills; administer all medications and chart same.
- Monitor condition of medication room, cart, and refrigerator.
- Chart on his/her shift in accordance with facility policy, state guidelines and residents status.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Supervise serving of prescribed diets and fluid intake; report persistent unresolved problems to the physician and/or DON or appropriate discipline.
- Timely and accurately prepare incident reports.
- Timely and accurately complete admission assessments and appropriate discharge documentation.
- Detect and correct situations that have a probability of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Intervene in resident disputes or disruptive behavior, if necessary, to maintain proper unit harmony and resident safety.
- Monitor nursing equipment; report equipment problems or malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain customer service oriented attitude and demeanor.
- Monitor and respond to resident call lights as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires basic understanding of a specialized area of knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school, plus two years of college or vocational school and appropriate license/certification. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions required.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Must hold current Texas licensure as licensed vocational nurse. Completes and/or meets training, certification required by Buckner and State.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic knowledge related to nursing, such as drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical sciences, and their application required. Working knowledge of infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards required.
- Knowledge of principles and methods involved in in-service instruction of nursing and auxiliary personnel, in demonstrating techniques and methods of patient-care services, and instruction of resident’s needs required.
- Requires familiarity with medical diagnoses, procedures, and accepted medical treatment patterns; knowledge of procedures and techniques necessary to administer medication and treatment as prescribed by physician; knowledge of medications and possible side effects.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.