At Buckner International, we transform the lives of vulnerable children, enrich the lives of senior adults, and build strong families through Christ-centered values. As a Manager of Donor Stewardship, you will impact lives of children, families, and senior adults through providing a personal and meaningful experience for donors that builds trust, investment, and connection. You will be responsible for driving excellence and ensuring donor stewardship delivers the required results aligned with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
Since 1879 Buckner International has been transforming lives through hands-on ministry, serving the most vulnerable from the beginning to the ending of life. Buckner is one of the oldest and most unique faith-based social service organizations of its kind, serving hundreds of thousands of people each year in the United States and around the world. Learn more about our programs and ministry at buckner.org.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our organization through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
Proposals, Requests and Reports
- Support gift officers with LOIs, RFPs, Proposals, and Grant Requests to acquire new funds.
- Assist gift officers with Grant Reports for funds already received.
- Collect information and data on budgets, lives impacted and client data, projections, program goals and outputs, progress reports, dollars raised, sources of support, sources of solicitation, and compelling stories of impact.
- Creation and collection of quantitative and qualitative information needed for grants, proposals, solicitations, stewardship, and endowment reports.
- Assist Stewardship Team with writing and editing Endowment Reports and Financials, Mid-Year Reports, Year End Reports, and other reports for the Development Team and individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Maintain updated content on the Development SharePoint portal.
- Train Development staff on use of SharePoint portal and update the team with new content and resources.
- Manage donor cultivation and recognition such as monthly birthday cards, donor appreciation gifts, etc.
- Responsible for managing donor cultivation and recognition including but not limited to: Monthly birthday cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other strategic touchpoints.
- Assist Director of Stewardship and Program Engagement with donor recognition including: Jeremiah’s Hope, Good Shepherd Society, Great Heart Society, Beaumont Giving Tree, Spring Gifts, Capital Campaign gifts, and one-off donor gifts.
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings associated with fundraising, donor relations, and stewardship.
- Prepare and proofread letters, memos, spreadsheets, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manor.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and requirements as well as state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of the Stewardship Team and Development Team to maintain strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, external meetings, and trainings as required.
- Perform general office tasks, special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, we would also look for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of donor stewardship and communication.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel including data cleaning.
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint (as a site owner strongly preferred)
- Experience with report design in Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Cloud, and InDesign (strongly preferred)
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and experience in communication writing styles.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field with 1-3 years of experience working within a comprehensive fundraising program, nonprofit organization, or marketing agency is strongly preferred.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.