About the Role
As a part-time Children's Program Aide, you will impact the lives of youth through summer programs, after school programs, field trips, tutoring programs and Saturday activities. You will be a positive role model through your interactions in providing guidance, supervision, nurturing, assisting with program activities and creating an environment of consistent structure.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide an environment that is growth producing and which stimulates self-confidence and trust and a respect of people.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and approach when working with youth and their parents.
- Provide supervision to the youth and apply appropriate discipline when needed.
- Assist youth with homework and arts and crafts projects and facilitate recreation activities.
- Participate with youth in character development/enhancement activities and service learning projects.
- Perform administrative tasks that support the program including: assisting with errands and purchasing of supplies; assisting with documentation and bulletin boards to develop and enhance the children's skills; assisting with cleaning duties to ensure the youth have a safe environment; and assisting with menu prepping, preparation and delivery of snacks and meal items.
- Evaluate volunteers and assign them to appropriate jobs.
- Provide safe transportation for children in van or other Buckner vehicle as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Child Development Associate credential (CDA) or minimum of 9 college credits in child development preferred. Requires 2 years prior related experience working directly with children in a licensed childcare facility or similar setting.
- Good character, personal attributes, and mannerisms to be a good role model for youth and their families;
- Age 21 with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record so you can be insured on the Buckner insurance and provide transportation to the youth in the program;
- A current CPR and First Aid Certification to keep the youth safe;
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
- Self-motivation to guide daily work with only moderate supervision;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, youth and their families;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your coworkers, volunteers, and the community served at the Family Hope Center.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Training and development opportunities
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.