About the Role
As a Chaplain you will impact the lives of our residents through assessing the spiritual needs of senior adults and provide grief and crisis counseling.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with church pastors, associations, organizational leaders and agencies dealing with senior adult services.
- Provide spiritual/emotional assessment and counseling services to senior adults and their families and friends in the community.
- Facilitate cooperation and communication concerning denominational issues throughout the community.
- Plan and lead worship services and retreats related to senior adult issues and program at the facility, and as appropriate, the community. Participate in conferences, workshops and retreats on a local level, as requested.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or a related field.
- Experience in Chaplaincy required
- Ascribes to Christian values and principles required.
- Membership in Baptist church with Baptist General Convention of Texas affiliation is required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to effectively exercise excellent professional judgment in decision making at all times.
- Requires ability to work with little supervision; must be self-motivated and be able to motivate others.
- Requires ability to develop knowledge of network of services to address issues of senior adult clients, and must be able to relate well to the senior adult population.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under BMM/Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be at least age 21 to drive on behalf of the Company.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Masters Degree from Seminary and CPE preferred.
- Experience in delivery of services to senior client populations preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.