Responsible for monitoring all areas of the retirement facility in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for the residents, visitors and employees. Responsible for monitoring parking facilities and pedestrian and vehicular traffic in accordance with facility policy.
NOTE: Some descriptions may have more specific duties and/or goals and objectives attached to this form. Such attachments normally reflect unique aspects of specific locations, shifts, departments, etc.
- Inspect all areas of the facility for safety and fire hazards. Document findings and notify the Director of Maintenance and appropriate department. Patrol secured areas to ensure all doors are appropriately locked/unlocked.
- Respond to all fire alarms. Contain fire until fire department arrives and assist department with moving patients or controlling crowds. Perform monthly fire drills on evening shifts.
- Respond to all emergency situations in order to resolve any incident which could potentially harm personnel, residents and visitors. Call for outside assistance as needed.
- Monitor parking practices of employees and visitors to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Escort visitors, patients, and personnel safely to vehicles as requested.
- Provide assistance to individuals having vehicular problems (e.g. frozen door locks, dead batteries, flat tires, etc.) as needed.
- Monitor and promote compliance with facility policies such as solicitation, smoking and visiting hours.
- Timely and accurately document all incidents and emergencies in departmental log.
- Detect, correct and/or report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) preferred. Minimum of one year prior related experience in safety or security preferred.
- Requires ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to comprehend and fulfill requirements related to safety regulations, security procedures, and facility policies and procedures acquired through on-the-job training.
As Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term disability benefits
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- The 5Star Fund Benefit; encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, inspiring happiness to all.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants- with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.