About the Role
As a Case Manager for our FYi (Fostering Youth independence) Program, you shine hope by providing case management services to foster care youth preparing for adulthood as well as alumni who have previously been in the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) conservatorship.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Assist program participants in creating self-sufficiency plans which include education, vocational training, employment and living skills.
- Provide case management services, including reviewing, evaluating, and updating individualized service plans, case notes, financial distributions and referrals.
- Assist program participants with accessing community resources, such as assisting with program enrollments, assisting with obtaining housing, and other services.
- Develop professional relationships with agencies that provide job training, living skills training, employment services, housing, and childcare services to coordinate services for program participants.
- Complete documentation required by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) grant and all applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure foster youth have access to services and employment opportunities by remaining up to date with all TWC services and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison to the community, representing Buckner to outside agencies such as the TWC, TDFSP and other programs. This includes assisting in arranging quarterly meetings with local TWC representatives.
- Work with FYI Program Director and other FYI team members to engage the alumni in the activities of the program/center and participate in the alumni advisory group.
- Cultivate relationships with outside service providers, agencies and organizations to develop relationships to enhance services to program participants.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field of study and a minimum of 1 year of prior related casework experience;
- Proficient knowledge and/or work experience using community resources;
- Prior experience in delivering services to youth and/or young adults;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English;
- Ability to use professional discernment skills and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to use analytical thinking to solve problems and present viable solutions; work effectively under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change;
- Age 21 with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record so you can be insured on the Buckner insurance and provide transportation as needed. Requires personal transportation to provide services throughout the local community;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and be on-call as needed;
- Ability to work with clients from all racial, social-economic and religious backgrounds;
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, individuals and others.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Prior experience in the delivery of vocational or other self-sufficiency services
- Ability to speak read, and write in Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.