About the Role
As the Administrative Assistant at our Beaumont Campus, you shine hope in the lives of our program through the provision of performing administrative functions such as accounts payable, billing and financial services related to clients, and coordination of maintenance needs for the facility. In this role, you will also provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other Staff as assigned.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our program participants through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Enter Client data relative to admission, discharge, level of care, and payments.
- Provide accrual numbers for Foster Care and Assessment Center for monthly balancing and other pertinent information that is needed for month-end billing.
- Prepare monthly Foster Care Billing and pass-through reconciliation through Extended Reach and follow up on past due billing.
- Maintain a current roster of residents in care and information on archived client records.
- Prepare vouchers for payment of invoices and check requests.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, log incoming checks, payments, and donations in accordance with dual control measures.
- Perform miscellaneous financial duties such as maintaining petty cash supply, balancing regional checking account for replenishment of funds, preparing, and distributing client allowance/activity money, monthly expense reporting, campus credit card reconciliation and similar functions.
- Coordinate maintenance requests with contracted maintenance group or with outside vendors, obtaining approval from the Executive Director for out of the ordinary requests or needs and maintenance staff for all other campus issues.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including maintaining a filing system, researching and analyzing data to produce monthly reports, assist in budget preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgetary performance, transcribe meeting notes, and answer Executive Director’s phone in his/her absence and initiate follow up as appropriate. Assist Executive Director with calendar management and other duties as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical and administrative support duties, such as preparing letters, creating spreadsheets, filing, and creating miscellaneous in-house forms.
- Serve on the Safety Committee, compiling and forwarding necessary reports as required to the Support Center.
- Relieve receptionist for lunch and breaks, scheduled days off and in emergencies as requested, as well as providing backup on other duties assigned to the receptionist in her absence.
- Assist with special Development Activities at designated times of the year as required and assigned.
- Prepare checks for contracts as requested, contract billing for ICM, and prepare the annual cost report.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position
- High degree of accuracy, strong organizational skills, and the ability to recognize confidential information
- Ability to work confidently with minimal supervision on most tasks, meeting deadlines and exercising sound judgment
- Must demonstrate attentiveness to detail and manage a wide range of information.
- Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and /or a small amount of force continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including people. Work can be done while sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally.
- Ability to speak clearly and make oneself understood in face-to-face interactions; to articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers and employees from other facilities.
- Ability to receive verbal instructions, answer phones, etc. with some background noise, and ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations.
- Ability to concentrate of fine detail with some interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 45-60 minutes at a time on a continuous basis.
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle or personal vehicle with appropriate license and must be at least 21 years of age to drive on behalf of Buckner. Must be able to provide proof of liability insurance and be eligible to be insured on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles, teaching, ethics, and integrity both professionally and personally.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Experience in accounting/bookkeeping procedures and data entry
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office software preferred
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.