About the Role
As the Administrative Assistant for Camp Buckner, you shine hope in the lives of our guests by providing administrative support, general clerical duties, scheduling, and coordinating groups for camp. In this role, you will also work closely with the leadership team to initiate planning documents as we prepare and plan for our guests. You will administer human resources services through management of the established policies and procedures. Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff as assigned. Guide department managers and directors in human resources management and serve as a resource to all staff.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Manager of Administration supporting the Aid, Missions, Volunteer and Camp Buckner team located in the state of Texas: maintain filing system; research and analyze data to produce monthly reports; assist in budget preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgetary performance; transcribe meeting notes; and answering phone calls and initiate follow-up as appropriate.
- Supervise the operations of the Administration office as they pertain to clerical duties, mail and telephone coverage; analyze office needs and implement processes for efficient operation. Inventory and ordering of all supplies. Supervise the overall appearance of the Administration office.
- Coordinate communication with internal and external constituents including in person, telephone calls, faxes, electronic mail, and written correspondence.
- Perform various administrative tasks including expense reports, enrollment paperwork and other assigned tasks.
- Maintain office machinery in good working order and ensure adequate office supplies are on hand at all times.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct report, as needed. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives. Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation.
- Receive and compile monthly reports from various departments and ensure complete and timely delivery to corporate office.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks for accounts payable and accounts receivable. Make deposits for receivables.
- Liaison between vendors, sub-contractors and other personnel for contracts and procurement.
- Receive and acknowledge donations from donors; maintain timely and accurate donor gift records.
- Assist Program Director with accurately and timely processing all employee transaction records according to Buckner policies and procedures.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. Equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through the completion of four years of high school. Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions. High school diploma or G.E.D. required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior office management and supervisory experience required; experience in telephone communications, preparation of business correspondence, and community contact preferred.
- Recent computer training or computer experience required. Word processing and spreadsheet experience required. Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, typewriters, and calculators.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English professionally. Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish preferred.
- Requires accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping.
- Requires job holder to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Work deals with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, emails, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- A commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Experience in public relations, telephone communications, preparation of business correspondence, and community contact preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.