About the Role
As a member of the Camp Buckner Retreat Staff you have the opportunity to impact the lives of retreat guests and group leaders.
Group Sales is responsible for meeting budgeted revenue and activity goals while exceeding customer satisfaction; understanding and anticipating customer needs and building strong relationships to ensure increased repeat business; soliciting new business opportunities, answering client questions, re-soliciting past leads, and gaining contractual commitments. This position requires an energetic, people and detail-oriented person with a flexible can-do attitude, strong communication skills, and a passion for providing excellent service.
Camp Buckner is an interdenominational, recreational, Christian retreat and conference center that offers services to churches, youth groups, businesses and other various ministries. We strive to bring glory to God in all things and provide a Christ centered atmosphere for each one of our guests.
We expect our staff to glorify God by exemplifying love, servant-hood, leadership, maturity, reliability, and dedication in all that they do. It is necessary for Camp Buckner Summer Staff to meet the physical demands of the camp atmosphere. This includes heightened physical activity and stamina. In addition, staff are expected to model a lifestyle that demonstrates Biblical standards and principles.
Check us out at www.campbuckner.org or call us at 512-756-7540 for more details about the job.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Solicit and secure groups via proactive, focused sales approaches using all available technology to identify new accounts while continuing to saturate existing accounts.
- Make extensive sales calls daily, including telemarketing, drop-by/cold calls.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to calls, emails, and leads (< 24 hours).
- Attend various sales events including luncheons, drop-by, and conferences.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of group leads.
- Prospect potential customers from geographic areas and develop plans to address them.
- Manage and build strategic account/client relationships, driving customer loyalty.
- Manage and track sales leads using Camp Buckner’s
- Understand goals and strategies to develop individual action plans to meet those goals.
- Develop sales contracts utilizing Camp Buckner’s contract system.
- Provide timely reports to Director and others on a regular basis.
- Follow up with group after function to ensure satisfaction and initiate rebooking.
- Ability to consistently achieve sales goals.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess, and help develop programs.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires a basic understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s degree plus administrative work experience. High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required, Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Prefer current certification in ropes course training (as approved by Camp Buckner) or willingness and ability to complete such certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Requires current certification in lifesaving from a nationally accredited body or willingness and ability to complete such certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Requires current CPR/First Aid certification or willingness and ability to complete such certification within thirty (30) days or hire.
- Prior secretarial or business experience required; experience in public relations, telephone communications, preparation of business correspondence, and community contact preferred.
- Recent computer training or computer experience required. Word processing and spreadsheet experience required. Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, typewriters, and calculators.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English professionally.
- Requires proficient ability to handle currency and credit card charges through the use of a point of sale system.
- Requires accuracy in typing, letter composition, and record keeping.
- Requires job holder to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Work deals with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, emails, and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires the ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, and otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups or muscles and foot and/or eye-hand coordination.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Self management. Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities. Make sound decisions even under pressure.
- Communication. Clearly express ideas, either verbally or in writing, to include but not limited to grammar, organization, and structure.
- Willingness to Learn. Assimilate and apply new job-related information promptly.
- Ethics & Integrity. Consistently earn the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and customers through consistent honesty, forthrightness, and professionalism in all interactions. Includes meeting commitments and promises.
- Past experience working at a summer camp or with a church youth group;
- Commitment to providing excellence in customer service.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (If you contribute at least 5% of your gross income each pay period, Buckner will match with a 5% contribution to your account. Buckner's contribution is 100% owned by you after completing 3-years of continuous service.)
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.