About the Role
Perform general and specific admissions duties and activities directed to secure admissions and maintain occupancy in the community in the shortest realistic time frame. Assist in public relations activities related to securing admissions as needed.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively communicate community’s retirement programs; increase sales to meet established goals and prospect lead base by using a variety of contacts to include but not limited to: community outreach programs, Buckner Villa residents, in-house events and seminars, and other community programs.
- Conduct community tours for future residents and other visitors; communicate with Clinical Admissions Specialist, Director of Nursing, Executive Director, and other team members to assist with community openings and transfer needs within Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, or Nursing Areas.
- Respond to computer generated, fax and telephone inquiries about community and admission requirements; maintain accurate and complete inquiry files in Marketing and Lead Management Program; and contact prospects by telephone or correspondence to arrange tours or follow up for future admissions. Conduct tours on a flexible schedule, often meeting prospects outside regular business hours that are convenient for them.
- Complete, review, and obtain appropriate signatures and process admissions documents accurately and completely in accordance with company policies and procedures; oversee, monitor and expedite the complete move-in process.
- Assist with special events for prospects, new residents and community organizations on-site.
- Cultivate and maintain on-going schedule of speaking engagements and presentations at local churches, community affairs, and trade or health fairs off-site for the purpose of communicating community programs and residential life.
- Assist with outreach visits to area resources that will provide immediate and future sales for the community; develop and maintain referral database from area resources and residents; develop and maintain monthly contact with these referral sources.
- Monitor, evaluate, and provide accurate Lead Management reports to Health Care Administrator/ Marketing Director according to established deadlines.
- Coordinate with insurance and Business Office to identify benefits and provide clinical indication for continued stay.
- Communicate and monitor short term and long term sales goals and objectives; sales quotas, and calendar of events; ensure departmental budget objectives are achieved by monitoring monetary expenses on a monthly basis as established by Marketing Director.
- Expand knowledge and awareness of senior housing industry, sales and marketing trends, changes, methods, and techniques by attending professional training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks; develop and maintain knowledge of primary and secondary market areas (competition, economy, demographics, etc.).
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Perform duties in a courteous manner and maintain Buckner Retirement Services’ hospitality standards including but not limited to smiling and cheerfully interacting with referral sources, residents and families and others.
- Support and represent Buckner at special events, activities, and other assigned functions.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs.
- Assist in creating and updating community brochures, program fliers, and event invitations; create and publish prospect newsletter.
- Submit articles and special interest stories to Buckner’s Communications Department for internal publications and website updates.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial and/or business management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Organized and punctual.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Full Count, My Unity are preferred
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge as evidenced by the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or other related field of study required. A minimum of 1-3 years prior related experience with hospital or retirement community admissions preferred. Prior related experience in public relations, sales, or marketing preferred.
- Requires high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Recent computer training or computer experience preferred. Word processing and spreadsheet experience required. Excellent aptitude for using other office equipment such as copy machines, fax machines, typewriters, and calculators.
- Requires job holder to work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English professionally.
- Requires a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Requires demonstrated strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Requires ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-faceted, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Requires proficient problem solving skills.
- Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations, both domestic and international, and some overnight stays. Requires ability to obtain and maintain the necessary documentation to travel by air and to rent vehicles.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles both domestically and internationally using required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, required.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face-to face interactions; to articulate with extreme accuracy and precisions to give directions speak on the phone, etc.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and speak in front of groups.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision; exercise sound judgment and confidentiality.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.