About the Role
As the Director of Dining Services you will infuse creativity to build and lead the dining and culinary teams to delight the people in residence and their guests with delicious, nourishing, appetizing meals each day.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Seek to understand dining preferences and dietary preferences through conversations with our residents.
- Ensure that meals cooked are nourishing, palatable and appetizing in appearance using approved recipes.
- Develop and deploy dining and culinary training programs that develop or further develop associate's skills for continuous quality improvement.
- Supervise food production and distribution to Independent Living, Assisted Living, Harbor and Healthcare Cottages to meet Westminster Place hospitality and service standards.
- Oversee and assist in planning, preparation, and execution of special events, catered events and themed meals.
- Regularly visits each dining area within the community to observe quality of food items during production for taste, smell, appearance and temperature.
- Determination of purchasing, specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu item.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Bachelor's Degree preferred; culinary school graduate preferred. Minimum 5 years prior related experience in institutional food service required. Prior related managerial experience preferred.
- Prior experience in food and labor cost control, menu development and development of a culinary team.
- Requires a current, valid Serve Safe certification and Food Safety Handler certification.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Previous cooking and managerial experience in related industry.
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain great working relationships with your coworkers, residents and the community.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.