About the Role
As a Foster Care & Adoption Recruiter and Home Developer within our Foster Care and Adoption Team will plan and implement community networking and recruitment efforts for Foster Care and Adoption program through recruitment of qualified foster and adoptive families, community outreach by offering information regarding services offered, and promoting the program through extensive relationship building efforts throughout the North Texas area, specifically with churches. The position will work collaboratively with our Communication, Marketing and Church Engagement teams to ensure that our community is aware of the foster care and adoption programs within Dallas Fort Worth metroplex.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishments of the following responsibilities:
- Plan and implement a recruitment plan of foster and adoptive parents in the DFW metroplex, specifically for families that can care for therapeutic children, sibling groups and children older than 13 years old.
- Develop and maintain church engagements that are critical to the recruitment of foster and adoptive families.
- Communicate and develop ongoing relationships with Christian churches throughout the North Texas area to coordinate speaking engagements for foster care and adoption recruitment.
- Arrange and lead informational meetings.
- Complete interviews with prospective families that are interested in foster care and adoption to ensure they meet the basic requirements, and that the family would be a good fit with our organization.
- Work with our public relations and marketing team in developing marketing strategies within the DFW metroplex.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field, communications or public relations field.
- Experience with foster care and adoption is preferred.
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- A working knowledge of the legalities of child welfare and children in foster care.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population based in the community. The communication should be effective both in oral and in writing.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.