About the Role
As a Resale Shop Clerk, you will help impact the lives of children, families and individuals we serve in our community, by receiving and processing donated merchandise. Greet and assist customers on sales floor; assist customers at check out. Serve as a point of contact with Resale Shop donors and customers.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Greet customers, donors and staff pleasantly and appropriately, while maintaining ongoing professional, positive and appropriate communication throughout their visit.
- Provide direction as necessary to customers and donors
- Assist with the supervision of clients on the sales floor as needed
- Operate cash registers, and other electronics. Ringing up sales, bagging items, collecting payment and giving appropriate change. Responsible for counting the contents of cash register drawer, balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales at the end of each shift.
- Receive and record all non-cash, incoming donations in accordance with established guidelines and procedures; issue a donation receipt for the merchandise; ensure the items collected are retained in the appropriate area.
- Timely and accurately sort, price and distribute merchandise to the sales floor. Ensure merchandise is displayed on the sales floor in an organized and aesthetically pleasing manner.
- Close the resale shop at the end of each day, including, but not limited to, forwarding the telephone as appropriate, straightening up the sales floor, turning off lights, and locking the doors.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment; make sure sales floor is kept clean and free of debris. Keep storage room for cleaning supplies in order and report to Manager when supplies are running low.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager and other designated staff as needed: Assist in maintaining a filing system, answer phones, take messages, accurately relay messages as needed, and/or respond to requests for information appropriately and timely.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. Equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school. High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions required.
- Minimum two years prior related experience preferred; experience in retail and/or customer service preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English. Ability to speak, read and write Spanish preferred.
- Self-management. Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities. Make sound decisions even under pressure.
- Communication. Clearly express ideas, either verbally or in writing, to include but not limited to grammar, organization, and structure.
- Willingness to Learn. Assimilate and apply new job-related information promptly.
- Ethics & Integrity. Consistently earn the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and customers through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions. Includes meeting commitments and promises.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Friendly and approachable
- Creativity and floor plan experience
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents (full-time employees)
- Life insurance (full-time employees)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits (full-time employees)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (full-time employees)
- Paid Parental Leave (all employees who meet FMLA requirements)
- Retirement Savings Plan (all employees)
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all! (all employees)
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.