About the Role
As a Community Operations Coordinator you will assist the Community Operations Director by Developing, planning, documenting, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the resident homes; in addition you will provide assistance to the Director of Community Operations in the organization and coordinating the daily operation of the maintenance department. In addition, you will supervise the maintenance dispatcher. This role is essential for the growth of Ventana by Buckner, a luxury senior living community.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Meet with members wanting to customize their apartment home.
- Help members build a budget and formulate detailed scope of work plan documents.
- Secure pricing from contractors.
- Works with the Community Operations Director to source and screen reliable tradesman for Ventana including but not limited to general contractor, electrician, plumber, millwork specialists, flooring specialists, painters, etc.
- Presents tradesman agreements to the Executive Director for review and approval.
- Review plan documents and drawings for accuracy and obtains member final approvals before proceeding work.
- Coordinates with Community Operations Director to ensure work plans do not damage or otherwise compromise the structural design and life safety features of the building such.
- Coordinates with contractor and applicable regulatory authorities for work permits and contractors required to maintain life safety features.
- Submits RFIs and change order requests.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records of each work project including member approvals for design and quotes for billing, all design documents, construction and other work documents, all RFI and change order request documents, accounting records of each project, invoicing and receipts.
- Forwards all receipts to the business office for deposit.
- Reviews, confirms accuracy, and approves contractor invoices for processing. Submits approved invoices to the business office for final approval and payment
- Manages all work projects to ensure contractors maintain safe work procedures and environment, adheres to agreed project timelines, and provides regular progress updates to community management and new member.
- Conducts quality inspections of work completed and verifies work product to design and construction plans.
- Conducts final punch walk with members, ensures all corrections are complete.
- Consults with Community Operations Director for final acceptance of unit.
- Prepares accurate monthly project reports and financial reconciliation of all projects and reviews with the business office and Executive Director.
- Manage community special projects when requested.
- Assists with work order assignments that require management of outside trades.
- Assists in coordination and completion of warranty work such as cabinet repairs, shade repairs, electrical work, appliance work, etc.
- May assist in the refurbishment of turnover units as needed.
- Help plan moves internal or external
- Coordinate with Sales team and operations to coordinate best date to move.
- Meet with members to assist in furniture placement, storage options, etc.
- Help connect or switch cable services
- Contact good will or someone to remove items from the apartment the residents no longer need or can use
- Walk unit to determine scope of work and determine repairs needed to return unit to “standard”
- Line-up tradesman to perform work
- Quality control tradesman work to determine if it was completed correctly per scope of work
- Appliance review to determine all appliances are in working order
- Life safety equipment review
- Final walk of unit
- Supervise Dispatcher
- Oversee Work Orders completion.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. This level of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a High School Diploma (or G.E.D.). High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions. Requires ability to convey detailed oral and written instructions which can be understood and carried out by residents, guests, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Requires ability to plan, promote, and direct community service programs in the interest of residents. Requires ability to evaluate and assign volunteers to appropriate tasks.
- Requires ability to work under flexible and busy schedules; some nights and weekends required.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision while exercising excellent professional judgment.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, guests, co-workers and the public; ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and hospitality in the delivery of services to residents.
- Requires ability to encourage dignity and self-esteem in residents, utilizing basic knowledge of human behavior and basic knowledge of physical/emotional needs and modalities of senior adults.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and skill in recreation, creative arts, crafts, music, and drama activities appropriate for senior adults; ability to plan, organize and direct sessions with a wide variety of well and impaired residents.
- Requires knowledge of basic health care practices and procedures; proficient working knowledge of counseling and education techniques in health care field.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, including a 12-passenger van or similar, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time. Requires ability to bend, stoop, walk, stand, and frequently push and pull objects.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.