About the Role:
Calder Woods is seeking a highly experienced and dynamic RN for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing. This is a Full Time, salaried position. The ADON must be licensed, BSN is preferred, and have a minimum of 2 years nursing management experience preferably in a long-term care environment.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our team you will inspire happiness at our community through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, and directing nursing personnel in fulfilling their responsibilities for nursing service.
- Assess the needs of new residents and inform staff of new resident arrivals.
- Assist in identifying staffing needs. Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed.
- Implement and maintain nursing organization structure on assigned unit to meet staffing hours as required by administrative policies and standards as established by the governing authorities.
- Make daily resident visits to observe and evaluate resident's physical and emotional status and revise care plan accordingly. .
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the M.D.S.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing services department to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards and to observe residents to determine if nursing needs are being met.
- Review nurses’ notes to ensure that they are complete, informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the resident’s response to the care
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled. Report medication errors immediately in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary. Encourage physicians to record and sign progress notes, physician’s orders, etc. on a timely basis and in accordance with current regulations.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current at all times and reflects the day-to-day nursing care procedures used by the facility. Ensure that reference material (i.e., PDR’s, Federal and State regulations, etc.) maintained at nurses’ station is current. Recommend to the Director of Nursing written material that may assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the residents.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary.
- Assist the Infection Control Committee in the development, implementation and revision of written aseptic and isolation techniques. Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of the infection control program for monitoring communicable and/or infectious diseases among the residents and personnel.
- Assist in scheduling of care plans and assessments to be presented and discussed at each committee meeting. Ensure that all personnel involved in providing care to resident is aware of the care plan and that those care plans are used in administering daily care to resident.
- Inform nursing service personnel of new admissions, expected time of arrival, room assignment, etc.; ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions. Greet newly admitted residents upon admission and escort to room as necessary.
- Review complaints and grievances made by residents and make written record indicating what actions were taken and the current status; make a written and oral report to Director indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint/grievance.
- Maintain compliance with all CW/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers
- Conduct staff meetings regularly; attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must have and maintain a current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in supervisory or leadership capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility and/or geriatric nursing preferred. Current status as an RN required.
- Ability to comply with Patient’s rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic knowledge related to nursing, such as drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical sciences, and their application. Requires working knowledge of infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards
- Knowledge of principles and methods involved in in-service instruction of nursing and ancillary personnel, in demonstrating techniques and methods of patient-care services, and in instruction of patients’ needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and awareness of priorities in an environment of stress and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed records and timely prepare routine reports.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- 2-5 years nursing management experience
- Prior Long Term Care experience.
- Leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to work harmoniously with all team members.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.