About the Role
As RN Supervisor you will impact the lives of Residents through organizing, staffing, and coordinating in such a manner as to establish a meaningful program to render the optimum clinical and social care outcome. You will be responsible for coordinating resident care management and staff direction and providing direct nursing care to residents on weekends as required.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Interpret and implement administrative policies and standards as established by the governing authorities.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Work with marketing staff, social worker, and other team members to coordinate facility admissions and discharges.
- Participate in assessments of resident functional status, social, psychological, and spiritual needs on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor programming and provide input regarding resident specific intervention as needed. Recognize significant changes in resident condition or appearance and immediately report such changes to appropriate disciplines for follow-up. Ensure appropriate interventions are implemented.
- Establish goals and action plans in alignment with company objectives to ensure continued enhancement and improvement of resident services as well as to maintain a competitive community in the market.
- Maintain high resident satisfaction through utilization of direct staff, resident, and family feedback as well as evaluation and response to annual survey results.
- Initiate action plans and family conferences to resolve problems identified by staff, residents or family members. Initiate follow-up communication with all parties involved to ensure completion of action plan.
- Establish and maintain open and effective communication with residents, families, direct care staff, and other team members to develop, promote, and maintain programs.
- Intervene in resident disputes or disruptive behavior, if necessary, to maintain proper community harmony and resident safety. Report issues according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assist with community quality control by evaluating nursing care rendered through such means as resident visits, quality assurance programs, chart audits, and team conferences.
- Interpret nursing policy and procedures.
- Develop and perform employee orientation for licensed and unlicensed staff in the department. Orient staff to philosophy and objectives of nursing services. Focus on on-boarding, re-boarding, hospitality, CPR, clinical skill development, skill validation, clinical instructor, annual in-service and staff education records, safety compliance monitoring, employee TB and Hepatitis program, Vision, ADP, and other software.
- Plan, organize, and direct assigned personnel in fulfilling their responsibilities for resident care. Direct nurses and nursing assistants in setting priorities of care.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director, Infection Control Nurse and Quality Assurance Coordinator in the execution of the program.
- Lead staff to meet goals and objectives of the program to ensure a quality program of activities to meet the social, cognitive, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- Document and monitor training for staff. Train and evaluate proficiency of staff in new procedures and techniques and operation of equipment and instructions. Provide documentation assistance and training to ensure accurate and appropriate charts, records, and data is created and maintained.
- Ensure basic daily service needs of residents are satisfied as determined by the individual service plans and in accordance with regulatory requirements for direct care, dietary, housekeeping, activities, and maintenance needs.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the residents’ service plans and the Resident Medical Records. Coordinate and oversee service plan reviews in accordance with regulatory requirements or as required upon change of resident condition.
- Oversee record retention and documentation management including accurate chart records, timely documentation, and compliance with regulatory standards and company policies and procedures.
- Make daily rounds in the facility for visibility, assessment and evaluation of care; ensure living spaces and work areas are neat, orderly, and compliant with sanitation standards; ensure adequate staffing; monitor for quality of resident care.
- Responsible for activities and monitoring of the Antibiotics Stewardship Program.
- Supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports. Ensure optimal job performance; identify issues, discuss with staff and direct corrective actions; assist, guide and support supervisors with employee selection, review, evaluation and terminations.
- Develop emerging leaders for Buckner Retirement Services through professional growth and development; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation in a timely manner.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following
- Requires in-depth understanding of nursing services provided in a long-term care setting. A bachelor’s degree in a related field plus prior related experience required. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in a long-term care facility and/or geriatric nursing required.
- Must complete and/or meet training and certification requirements of Buckner and the State of Texas. RN with a current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing.
- Requires ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Prior experience recording and maintain patient data using an electronic health records system required.
- Requires basic knowledge of food service regulations, fire and safety procedures, human resources policies and procedures, and the aging process.
- Requires knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic knowledge related to nursing, such as drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical sciences, and their application. Requires working knowledge of infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards.
- Requires knowledge of principles and methods involved in in-service instruction of nursing and ancillary personnel, in demonstrating techniques and methods of patient-care services, and in instruction of patients’ needs. Requires ability to teach computer related tasks.
- Requires familiarity with medical diagnoses, procedures, and accepted medical treatment patterns. Requires knowledge of procedures and techniques necessary to administer medication and treatment as prescribed by physician; knowledge of medications and possible side effects.
- Requires ability to appropriately and professionally communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others required.
- Requires ability to exercise independent judgment under broad nursing case guidelines. Exercise initiative, patience, tact and confidentiality; demonstrate supervisory and leadership ability; and ability to analyze and evaluate objectively. Requires ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient’s rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Requires recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Requires ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and awareness of priorities in an environment of stress and frequent interruptions.
- Requires ability to keep accurate, detailed records and timely prepare routine reports.
- Requires demonstrated strong assessment and analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Requires ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, multi-faced, results-oriented work environment and to analyze issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Requires ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, trainings, and presentations as required.
- Requires proficient conflict management and problem-solving skills. Requires proficient working knowledge and experience in conflict management and problem solving.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Requires ability to rent vehicles both domestically and internationally using required documentation. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Requires ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including electronic medical records, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, required.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk frequently; occasionally stand for prolonged periods of time; occasionally required to squat, climb stairs, kneel and twist. Required to sit for prolonged periods of time, including extensive airline travel.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self-understood in face-to face interactions; to articulate with extreme accuracy and precisions to give directions speak on the phone, etc.
- Requires ability to comply with Resident rights, all regulatory requirements, and all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Occupational Injury coverage; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.