About the Role
As Maintenance Assistant, you will impact the lives of Residents through maintaining security for entire campus and activity set-ups.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure safe campus environment including facility buildings and grounds, provide security to ensure campus safety requirements are met and maintained.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Repairs clogged sinks, commodes, and drains.
- Replaces burned-out light bulbs and performs basic electrical repairs.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments.
- Performs basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and paint work.
- Drywall, Paint touch ups.
- Assists skilled maintenance work as requested.
- Assists with staff as needed to provide assistance to residents and support to facility operations.
- Detects, corrects or reports situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Daily inspection of buildings and grounds.
- Performs other assignments and duties as requested.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred; minimum of one year related experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instruction.
- Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Ability to stand, wall, climb stairs and ladders; and push and pull equipment. Ability to move heavy materials and equipment. Crouches, kneels, stoops, reaches, and turns over 75% of shift.
- Ability to recognize difference in sound generates by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks. Some initiative and judgment involved in providing assistance to others wherever required.
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees. Ability to learn to adjust and operate electric-powered equipment. ability to work with hand and tools.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5-Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.