About the Role
As a Certified Nurse Assistant in a Buckner Retirement Services community you will daily impact the lives of our senior adult residents by building strong relationships and providing intimate, hands-on healthcare. CNAs provide physical and emotional support, assistance for activities of daily living (A.D.L’s), and promote the greatest functional level possible. This position will also be required to rotate shifts in our Assisted Living department.
Available Shift: 7a-7p and 7p-7a
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our residents and their family members through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Make frequent resident rounds on a regular basis to check the physical comfort, safety, and cleanliness of residents.
- In all services provided adhere to Buckner's 5 STARS of Customer Service to set the standard of excellence in care.
- Provide excellent, safe services in care and treatment, including: bathing, feeding, oral care, intake of food, dressing, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, and responding to calls.
- Provide a broad range of cleaning/sanitary services including: emptying and/or cleaning of urinals, commodes, bedpans; showers, wheelchairs and other equipment.
- Accurately and timely document Activities for Daily Living (ADL’s), intakes and outputs and other appropriate information on charts.
- Wake up residents, assist with morning grooming and move resident to/from dining room as needed.
- Change soiled and unsoiled linen; distribute clean towels frequently throughout shift.
- Observe and immediately report resident reactions and changes in condition; take and record vital signs, as required.
- Safely lift and reposition residents as necessary.
- Pick up meal trays timely; distribute snacks daily.
- Encourage and actively participate in restorative measures; assist in activities.
- Professionally intervene in resident disputes or disruptive behavior, if necessary, to maintain proper facility harmony and resident safety; report such occasions to charge nurse immediately.
- Communicate with family in a friendly, congenial manner; refer to Charge Nurse for medical status reports.
What You’ll Bring
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant course as evidenced by a current CNA certificate from the state of Texas.
- Current CNA students are eligible if they are within 120 days of testing for their certification
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently to interact with residents and team members and accurately document in resident records.
- Ability to complete and meet required training and certification requirements of Buckner and governing authorities including, but not limited to, CPR and First Aid training.
- Compassion, excellent listening skills, supportive nature, dependability, and a good-nature attuned to meeting the needs of senior adults.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position which require lifting, moving and transporting residents.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Minimum one year prior related experience in a healthcare or senior living setting.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Development opportunities including our Rising Star program;
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.