About the Role
As a Prospect Research Coordinator you will impact the lives of our clients by identifying and qualifying new individuals, foundations and organizations that have both major gift capacity and a propensity for giving to social service or faith-based organization. Through utilizing data mining and wealth rating services to screen and qualify both existing donors and identified prospects, you will track information related to your research process and report on prospect profiles to internal leadership.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Review and analyze information and prepare profiles which include elements such as financial assets and indications of wealth, biographical and family information, community involvement and other philanthropic interests. When appropriate, provide suggestions/strategies for qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects.
- Work closely with operations staff on assignment of prospects to portfolios.
- Utilize data mining and wealth rating services to screen and qualify both existing donors and identified prospects. This includes developing queries in donor information system to create groups for screening and syncing information between donor information system and integrated online research service.
- Adhere to coding standards to track research activity and screened and identified prospects in donor information system to facilitate reporting. Enter research information as needed. Produce reports related to research activity.
- Produce prospect profiles (electronic and/or hardcopy) on qualified prospects Review information with appropriate development staff. Include suggestions/strategies for qualification, cultivation, or solicitation as appropriate.
- Produce prospect screening lists for campaign and development councils. Review information with appropriate development staff. Receive feedback from screening and enter information into donor information system adhering to data standards and reporting needs.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly publications to uncover timely information about prospects, donors, trustees, board members and others to facilitate in the cultivation of prospects. Provide information to appropriate development staff.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and guidelines. Maintains compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- In-depth understanding of fundraising philosophies and strategies. Amazing ability to define problems, draw conclusions and make decisions dealing with abstract variables.
- Knowledge normally associated with attainment of a Bachelor’s degree in related field. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a development/International department that included a comprehensive fundraising program required. Prior related prospect research required.
- Successful experience working with donor related information and proficient working knowledge of data management, queries, exports, reporting and prospect research.
- Working knowledge of fundraising and public relations regulations governing individuals, institutions, and employees.
- Proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of people in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Excellent at meeting multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to synthesize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue; strong commitment to producing measurable results.
- Requires travel to various geographic locations, and some overnight stays.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Knowledge of constituent data management systems; with 2 years experience preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.