About the Role
As a Healthcare Billing Specialist for Buckner Retirement Services, Inc. you will ensure the fiscal excellence of Buckner Retirement Services, Inc. through all healthcare billing processes, procedures, and collections. Appropriately manage and bill Medicare Part A, Part B, and Managed Care. Support Medicaid billing, co-insurance billing, and collections for all the Buckner Retirement Services campuses. Assist campuses with management of Accounts Receivable Aging to maintain proper collections of receivables.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate, accurately prepare, and submit all Buckner communities billing for healthcare insurance claims. (Medicare Part A and Part B, and managed care).
- Manage all necessary follow up, filing, submissions to claims, and collections for all insurance plans. (Medicare Part A and Part B, Medicaid, and managed care).
- Work with the community’s healthcare and business offices to develop then implement senior leadership approved workflow for centralized billing. Ensure approved workflow for centralized billing is consistently followed by associates. Identify any gaps then work with leadership to resolve quickly. Notify leadership of any billing issues as they arise.
- Timely and accurately prepare, verify, and process necessary healthcare deposits and communicate with support center accounting regarding accounts receivable payments and payment postings.
- Facilitate meetings and trainings as required for increased staff knowledge and billing etiquette.
- Manage tasks and projects assigned by supervisor; research, analyze data, and product statistical reports as required.
- Travel domestically as needed to monitor, assess, and help develop effective healthcare billings and collections. Support community business office operations in the absence of the Business Office Manager as required. Up to 20% travel required.
- Attend Triple Check monthly meetings for all locations and verify Triple Check process is completed timely, accurately, and efficiently at each campus.
- Create a culture of Inspiring Happiness by nurturing healthy relationships with all business office locations and staff.
- Assist Financial Planning & Analysis Director to manage healthcare receivables.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of Medical and managed care regulations, processes, and procedures.
- Conduct financial and billing audits internally and with an external organization on a routine scheduled basis. Work with appropriate entity and associate to resolve identified issues. Prepare and submit audit reports according to supervisor’s schedule.
- Assist in preparing aging reports, benchmark reports and other financial reports as requested.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and assistance to community billing office associates responsible for assisting with Medicare and managed care related tasks.
- Establish and/or maintain healthcare billing record retention system in accordance with established guidelines.
What You'll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- In-depth understanding of accounting principles.
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.).
- College level accounting skills.
- Minimum of 10 years prior related accounting experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Ability to interpret Medicare and Medicaid benefits and payments.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing software and codes (ICD-10 & CPT codes, Vision/ Netsmart software, Skilled Nursing RUG codes).
- Proficient ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables.
- In-depth understanding of the various types of programs Buckner Retirement Services provides.
- Self-starter, who work independently, exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality while also knowing when to work in collaboration with colleagues, managers and the business.
- Aptitude and attitude for compliance, ethical behavior and avoiding conflicts of interest demonstrated by personal integrity and accountability.
- Working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our part-time team members is by offering the following perks:
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.